Bermuda questions

Carnac767

For any of you who've been on a SD port call in Bermuda, I have a few questions.  Does the yachtshipboatfloatiething anchor or dock?  And where does she do this, Hamilton, St. George, or King's Wharf?  Was anything planned for the port call or is it independent steaming?  I know Bermuda well, having lived there for a few years, but I don't want to make any plans for our stop there next April until I know if SD is going to be doing anything for the pax.  Thanks in advance.

I'm considering the PBI-LIS TA in April.  What temp & seas can be expected on this more northerly route?  I did the BGI-LIS TA a couple of years ago.  Outdoor/pool weather most days; calm seas until 1 day out of LIS. Thanks for any info.  Go Dawgs! 

5 hours ago, back1817 said:

I'm considering the PBI-LIS TA in April.  What temp & seas can be expected on this more northerly route?  I did the BGI-LIS TA a couple of years ago.  Outdoor/pool weather most days; calm seas until 1 day out of LIS. Thanks for any info.  Go Dawgs! 

I've done this route a couple of times on NCL, both times from Port Canaveral and in late April.  Temps were generally low 70s for highs in the western Atlantic, cooling off to high-to-mid 60 the further east we traveled.  Seas were bathtub smooth both times but mind you, the North Atlantic is a fickle beast.   As a rule, however, sea state on our route that time of year is generally fairly light.  From Bermuda on we had the relative wind right on the stern which meant there was hardly any wind on deck for most of the crossing.  I have been across that time of year on an aircraft carrier where the sea was so rough we lost an A-6 overboard, despite 22 tie-down chains but those were freak conditions.  

Go Dawgs!