LAX transfer question

latebloomer56

We fly in the day of (I know please never do this, stressed enough) my question is Princess meeting area is terminal 1 baggage and ours is terminal 2. Does anybody know how far apart these areas are? I'm moving very slow these days and have only a short time between landing an getting to terminal 1.

This is what Princess booked for us we get in at 10:45, paperwork says transfers from terminal 1 between 10:00 and 11:00 😢. Can we make it?

Thanks as always for any information on how fa these areas are apart.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We fly in the day of (I know please never do this, stressed enough) my question is Princess meeting area is terminal 1 baggage and ours is terminal 2. Does anybody know how far apart these areas are? I'm moving very slow these days and have only a short time between landing an getting to terminal 1.

This is what Princess booked for us we get in at 10:45, paperwork says transfers from terminal 1 between 10:00 and 11:00 😢. Can we make it?

Thanks as always for any information on how fa these areas are apart.

A quick look at Google Maps has LAX T1 and T2 about 275 meters apart, though the exact distance you would have to walk would depend on the route you choose. If you are landing at 10:45 and the last Princess departure is 11AM, that would be tight.  Don't Princess have other times, can't you re-schedule your transfer to, say, noon?  Also, since your name is on their list and they presumably put you on it, wouldn't they wait the few minutes until you get there?  The ship sure ain't gonna leave without you ;o)

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

A quick look at Google Maps has LAX T1 and T2 about 275 meters apart, though the exact distance you would have to walk would depend on the route you choose. If you are landing at 10:45 and the last Princess departure is 11AM, that would be tight.  Don't Princess have other times, can't you re-schedule your transfer to, say, noon?  Also, since your name is on their list and they presumably put you on it, wouldn't they wait the few minutes until you get there?  The ship sure ain't gonna leave without you ;o)

Thanks I will check on other pick up times. Didn't think of that, guess just stressed that I didn't even notice date or time until I went to book a hotel, assuming our TA booked us for the day prior as we always do.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks I will check on other pick up times. Didn't think of that, guess just stressed that I didn't even notice date or time until I went to book a hotel, assuming our TA booked us for the day prior as we always do.

My basic understanding of Princess transfers is that they are only available, from the airport to the ship, on the day of sailing, which means they are telling us it's OK to fly in the day of, which for most of us is a big no-no. They therefore must have a system in place for folks like you who arrive at "inconvenient" times.  Although we've never taken a Princess xfer from LAX (we just take a taxi), we've seen the Princess reps standing in the baggage area with their signs, marshaling arriving guests so I'm sure that iff you arrive a little late, they will still find you your seats.  Since the basic concept behind these transfers is that THEY are responsible for getting you to the ship, and within reason the ship will not leave you behind if you're booked on one of their transfers, I'm sure you will have no problems in getting from LAX to San Pedro with Princess.

4 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not a chance if the times are exact. Even if you had only carry on luggage.

Even if the plane rolled up to the jetway precisely at 10:45AM and you were the very first ones off the plane, if you are "moving slow" you wouldn't even be at the sidewalk outside Terminal 2 until 11AM or later, and if you have to pick up luggage at baggage claim, push everything back.

NOW, it is possible that the times from Princess are "guidelines", not Swiss train efficient times. And if Princess pulls your luggage off the baggage carousels and all you have to do is walk to the bus, it is likely they would wait for you, even if you didn't get there until 11:10AM or 11:15AM.

You can also request assistance at your gate for a wheelchair or cart to get to the sidewalk outside Terminal 2.

We've never used EZ-Air so I don't know how Princess works it. But if you have to get your own luggage and they stick to the times they have posted, you cannot make it to T1 by 11AM on a plane that lands at 10:45AM.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Not a chance if the times are exact. Even if you had only carry on luggage.

Even if the plane rolled up to the jetway precisely at 10:45AM and you were the very first ones off the plane, if you are "moving slow" you wouldn't even be at the sidewalk outside Terminal 2 until 11AM or later, and if you have to pick up luggage at baggage claim, push everything back.

NOW, it is possible that the times from Princess are "guidelines", not Swiss train efficient times. And if Princess pulls your luggage off the baggage carousels and all you have to do is walk to the bus, it is likely they would wait for you, even if you didn't get there until 11:10AM or 11:15AM.

You can also request assistance at your gate for a wheelchair or cart to get to the sidewalk outside Terminal 2.

We've never used EZ-Air so I don't know how Princess works it. But if you have to get your own luggage and they stick to the times they have posted, you cannot make it to T1 by 11AM on a plane that lands at 10:45AM.

Just to add to the above...PCL does not pull your bags you are responsible for claiming your bags and getting them to where you check in for transfers. They will then put them on the transfer bus as you board it.

I'm a bit surprised that their giving the OP such a short time to get to their transfer bus. Agree something they need to double check on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

My basic understanding of Princess transfers is that they are only available, from the airport to the ship, on the day of sailing, which means they are telling us it's OK to fly in the day of, which for most of us is a big no-no. They therefore must have a system in place for folks like you who arrive at "inconvenient" times.  Although we've never taken a Princess xfer from LAX (we just take a taxi), we've seen the Princess reps standing in the baggage area with their signs, marshaling arriving guests so I'm sure that iff you arrive a little late, they will still find you your seats.  Since the basic concept behind these transfers is that THEY are responsible for getting you to the ship, and within reason the ship will not leave you behind if you're booked on one of their transfers, I'm sure you will have no problems in getting from LAX to San Pedro with Princess.

Thanks, we have used the transfer several times once just after 9-11 in San Fran we were the only ones and Princess rep met us and put us in a taxi.