SCHEDULING PROCTORED TEST ...IS THE TWO DAYS PRIOR TESTING REQUIREMENT (BERMUDA) CALENDAR DAYS OR HOURS?

Looking to set up our online proctored test with RTT and was wondering if the two days prior testing requirement for Bermuda was specific to calendar days or hours? Another words, we leave on Sunday and test say 8:00 AM Friday, putting our testing window at roughly 52 hours when we finally check in at the port. Does this matter? 

From the FAQ on the Bermuda Government website. 

12. How do I count the days for my pre-arrival test? Do I count the hours?
If travelling by air, your arrival day in Bermuda is Day
0. If travelling by sea, your departure day is Day 0. The hours are not counted. This means if your flight arrives in Bermuda on a Friday or your ship departs on a Friday, a Supervised Antigen test done no more than 2 days before would be done on the Wednesday.

37 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

From the FAQ on the Bermuda Government website. 

12. How do I count the days for my pre-arrival test? Do I count the hours?
If travelling by air, your arrival day in Bermuda is Day
0. If travelling by sea, your departure day is Day 0. The hours are not counted. This means if your flight arrives in Bermuda on a Friday or your ship departs on a Friday, a Supervised Antigen test done no more than 2 days before would be done on the Wednesday.

Thanks for your reply Charles. So going by your example...my cruise departs Sunday, so testing can take place Fri / Sat at any time?

We've cruised a lot over the years, but this will be our first since the pandemic. The rules keep changing by the day and it's extremely frustrating when the cruise lines put the onus on their customer to  navigate through them. 

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Correct. Friday or Saturday at any time. 

Hasn’t it been changed from 2 to 3 days.  My sail on Allure of September indicates a 3 day period, therefore, a Sunday sail the period covered would be Thursday-Saturday. 

Edited by nelblu

14 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Hasn’t it been changed from 2 to 3 days.  My sail on Allure of September indicates a 3 day period, therefore, a Sunday sail the period covered would be Thursday-Saturday. 

For whatever the reason, Bermuda has to be different with a 2 day requirement. 

• Like 1