Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Lady next to me is from upstate New York and doesn’t seem to be a fan of NYC.

Upstate has a love/hate relationship with NYC. Most upstaters I know like the culture the city has to offer. They like the tourism dollars they bring when they visit. What they don't like is having city people regard upstaters as rubes and hicks and try to tell them how to live. It's not too different from how people in Illinois regard Chicago.

"Upstate NY" is an interesting description. Some people use it to refer to everything north of White Plains. Yet I have friends from northern NY who think Albany is "downstate." And don't even ask about Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

When the Alchemy gets busy, do the bartenders call you over when a seat opens up or saves the space for you before anyone else can grab it?

No. They stay busy at this bar. They don’t have time for that. I just happened to be standing at the end and the two end spots opened up so I slid into one.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They tried to put me in a shared table again. I know I’m not selecting that shared table option. They must be trying to force it on solos. 

Not just solos.  The last time we sailed the breakfast/brunch always stuck us at shared tables even though that was never what I wanted.  We did meet a nice couple the first day that we saw around the ship a number of times and conversed with. 

• Like 2