Beer Smuggling--any ideas

cruzndog

Okay, I've seen the wine and liquor ideas, but what about beer. I have done it with no problem on Carnival. I got the plastic bottles and took a soft cooler and my cabin guy kept me with plenty of ice--I just slid him some cash here and there. Now I want to know if I can wrap a few in some kind of aluminum foil or something that may distract the Norweign crew. Any ideas? Sailing on the Magesty on April 15.:confused:

Thank goodness someone else posted this! My husband and I only drink beer, not liquor. I'm also a C2 drinker, which the cruise lines don't carry. I plan on packing some C2 12 packs, with only a few C2s in there, and the rest of it beer and taping it all up in the C2 12 pack (making sure the soda peeks through on the top, not the beer). I also sail on April 15. Hope it works.

Okay, I've seen the wine and liquor ideas, but what about beer. I have done it with no problem on Carnival. I got the plastic bottles and took a soft cooler and my cabin guy kept me with plenty of ice--I just slid him some cash here and there. Now I want to know if I can wrap a few in some kind of aluminum foil or something that may distract the Norweign crew. Any ideas? Sailing on the Magesty on April 15.:confused:

Grab your self one of these, claim you can't walk and ride it aboard :D

keg.jpg.6e1f8be59e4f3c56c8884d7438b72459.jpg

We were thinking of ordering beer thru one of the gift giving places and having it delivered. Will that be a problem?

Nope I have ordered for my upcoming cruise this Sunday.. Once on board I hope to have my 48 cans of Coors Light waiting!!:D

I hear the gift delivery places are pricey. May as well buy on board. :rolleyes:

Not as pricey as Carnival.. I am paying 2.58 per can.. that includes delivery.. Unlike the 4.00 per can Carnival was going to charge me for the same order:rolleyes:

We are also beer drinkers and would like to have some in our cabin to enjoy on our balcony. NCL won't let you bring your own. So, if I put some plastic bottles, carfully wrapped in ziplocks in my checked luggage, will they go through unnoticed?

I've seen a few posts that Carnival will now let each person bring a 12 pack back from the ports. I'm certainly going to try it 5/21!!! Worst that can happen is they take it away until the last night.

I have put a case of beer in my luggage when arriving at the cruise port. Its always arrived at my cabin ! I usually just wrap it in a large garbage bag in case one gets damaged but have not had any problem so far!

Last time I wrapped mine in bubble wrap and then put in a zip lock bags--just in case. I had several bags. It made it thru all the traveling including the airplane ride. I just think the problem will be the xray machine. I figure if I get it on the boat that great for me, if not-well I tried. Hey I'm not ashamed to go to luggage jail. I would like to know what will offset a xray machine just enough to get some on board though!

Wrap each can in lead tape. Lead is dense enough to stop x-rays.

Of course the reflection then would also show up bright enough on the view screen to arouse a ton of suspicion.

My solution: Buy three twelve packs of sodas (convetional twelve pack cases). Carefully open and remove all the sodas. Replace with beer except where the cans are visible through the top. Wrap the corners and sides with duct tape to prevent tampering and cases breaking open. Carry on board in luggage or in hand. They are not going to open the cases to inspect them and worst case scenario is they just do a visual check.

I never thought this would be an issue but we were finally on a cruise that did not serve MGD. Imagine! Next time (probably NCL) I will do a search for this thread. I like the soda container idea the best :)

Glad to see some innovative beer drinkers!

Archived