Free drinks and Wi-Fi promotion

pcrum

The MSC website terms and conditions is very lacking in information regarding the free drinks and Wi-Fi promotion. I assume this is the basic drinks package, correct? If we purchase this, can we upgrade to a premium package?  I’m trying to decide if it’s better to book under this offer or the free balcony upgrade offer. Looking at a 3 night cruise on Divina from Port Canaveral. Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, pcrum said:

The MSC website terms and conditions is very lacking in information regarding the free drinks and Wi-Fi promotion. I assume this is the basic drinks package, correct? If we purchase this, can we upgrade to a premium package?  I’m trying to decide if it’s better to book under this offer or the free balcony upgrade offer. Looking at a 3 night cruise on Divina from Port Canaveral. Thank you. 

The all in drinks and WiFi is the easyplus package which is cocktails up to $9. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m booked under this promotion for a three day cruise on the meraviglia in February and don’t see an option to upgrade to the premium package pre-cruise. Any further info on this would be appreciated. 

Edited by WeCruise5
  • Like 1

If you proceed to do a dummy booking, you can look at the Price Details at the bottom. It will tell you that the fare includes the Easy Plus Package and the Browse - 2 devices package.

The first part is true. Every adult that books that fare gets the Easy Plus Package.

The second part is a lie. The second to book in a stateroom gets no wi-fi at all. [Yes, I know .. the first pax can share one of theirs. I'm just pointing out the fare description is untruthful.]

image.png.245bd9234451d8508fde60dff704989d.png

7 hours ago, WeCruise5 said:

I’m booked under this promotion for a three day cruise on the meraviglia in February and don’t see an option to upgrade to the premium package pre-cruise. Any further info on this would be appreciated. 

Call to upgrade if it’s not showing on the site 

Each country offers their own promo btw. In Germany, only the easy package is included in a similar promo, but it's easy plus in the US. But it does show exactly what is included during booking. 

Thanks for the responses.  I called MSC and the rep told me it is the drinks package where any drink $9 and under is covered.  Because we are on the 3-day cruise, there is NO option to upgrade to a premium package before the cruise.  I don't understand why MSC won't take our money to upgrade, but that's what I was told.  We are giving it a try on Sept. 1.  Have never sailed MSC and prefer NCL, but this fit our dates.  For 3 nights, how bad can it be, lol?

47 minutes ago, pcrum said:

.  I don't understand why MSC won't take our money to upgrade

I suspect that they’ve figured out that it is a money loser on very short cruises. I know my tolerance for, let’s say, “package optimization” wanes about day 3 or 4. For this reason, another cruise line won’t sell packages for short cruises. Now how it makes sense to offer packages but not upgrades remains a mystery. 

• Like 1

Hi pcrum, this is my first post, I've just come off a Mediterranean MSC cruise were we had the Easy Plus package, I guess it is personal taste but I honestly didn't see many drinks on the menu that weren't covered by this package, mostly the upgrade was a brand thing, like the easy plus cocktails would have had rum but the premium would have had Havana Club 12 (please excuse my ignorance I have no idea if that is even the name but it's more to give you an idea), I literally drank caparuskis (with added brown sugar) for a week and they were fantastic. I wouldn't worry about the drink upgrade. I've included a copy of the drinks menu from the most expensive bar on the ship hopefully it is of some help.

Have you sailed MSC before? It's the most laid back relaxed cruise I've ever been on, I wore designer Chino shorts, short sleeved shirts and boat shoes in the dining room at dinner and didn't feel out of place. The food was amazing! The T-bone (porterhouse) steak supplement in the main dining room is €18 well spent. 

My top tip, which I picked up on day 4, I couldn't decide which main to have, the waiter said, "Sir, you can have both, in fact sir if you wish you can have all the dishes!" 

I loved it so much I have just booked another MSC for myself and my family for 2023 for 7 nights in Norway with a balcony for under $2000! 

QR_K_BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1660661434.pdf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, 77red96 said:

Hi pcrum, this is my first post, I've just come off a Mediterranean MSC cruise were we had the Easy Plus package, I guess it is personal taste but I honestly didn't see many drinks on the menu that weren't covered by this package, mostly the upgrade was a brand thing, like the easy plus cocktails would have had rum but the premium would have had Havana Club 12 (please excuse my ignorance I have no idea if that is even the name but it's more to give you an idea), I literally drank caparuskis (with added brown sugar) for a week and they were fantastic. I wouldn't worry about the drink upgrade. I've included a copy of the drinks menu from the most expensive bar on the ship hopefully it is of some help.

Have you sailed MSC before? It's the most laid back relaxed cruise I've ever been on, I wore designer Chino shorts, short sleeved shirts and boat shoes in the dining room at dinner and didn't feel out of place. The food was amazing! The T-bone (porterhouse) steak supplement in the main dining room is €18 well spent. 

My top tip, which I picked up on day 4, I couldn't decide which main to have, the waiter said, "Sir, you can have both, in fact sir if you wish you can have all the dishes!" 

I loved it so much I have just booked another MSC for myself and my family for 2023 for 7 nights in Norway with a balcony for under $2000! 

QR_K_BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1660661434.pdf 642.26 kB · 15 downloads

Thanks so much for this - I'm about to do a Med cruise too! The Easy Plus is everything up to 9 on the menu you posted?

On 8/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, publicpersona said:

The second part is a lie. The second to book in a stateroom gets no wi-fi at all. [Yes, I know .. the first pax can share one of theirs. I'm just pointing out the fare description is untruthful.]

image.png.245bd9234451d8508fde60dff704989d.png

Please explain how this is done when there are two people in a cabin?

1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

Please explain how this is done when there are two people in a cabin?

When you are boarding you will be given an A3 page with a qr code to scan, this allows you to register your devices

You must log on to one of your devices, then log onto one device belonging to the person you are sharing the cabin with. 

Just make sure you log on to the correct 2 devices, as once logged on you can't change them.

I'd also recommend downloading the MSC for me app on all your devices prior to boarding. (The app works on all devices using the ships WiFi for free even if you have 10 devices)

My top tip if you wish to register your credit card or debit card via the app do it in port when you have signal on your phone before turning on aeroplane mode as in most cases nowadays 2 factor authentication is required, you will usually need a phone signal for this.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:57 PM, smplybcause said:

Thanks so much for this - I'm about to do a Med cruise too! The Easy Plus is everything up to 9 on the menu you posted?

The easy plus is everything up to $9, I'm 99.9% sure it is up to €8, but I ordered many drinks for myself and my wife including the frozen cocktails and didn't have to pay any extra. If you drink beer I'd recommend getting the bottled Paulaner it's much nicer than the stuff from the tap.

4 hours ago, 77red96 said:

When you are boarding you will be given an A3 page with a qr code to scan, this allows you to register your devices

You must log on to one of your devices, then log onto one device belonging to the person you are sharing the cabin with. 

Just make sure you log on to the correct 2 devices, as once logged on you can't change them.

I'd also recommend downloading the MSC for me app on all your devices prior to boarding. (The app works on all devices using the ships WiFi for free even if you have 10 devices)

My top tip if you wish to register your credit card or debit card via the app do it in port when you have signal on your phone before turning on aeroplane mode as in most cases nowadays 2 factor authentication is required, you will usually need a phone signal for this.

We will be using our phones only.

22 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

We will be using our phones only.

Perfect👍 it's all pretty self explanatory when you check in at the cruise terminal they will guide you through what to do. If you still aren't sure how to do it, when you board there will be staff selling internet packages, if they aren't busy with other guests just ask them they will sort it for you.

On Seashore this week. I was unable to connect to the Two Devices package yesterday. It did not recognize my username/password that I had been using with the app (yes, the instructions say to use those credentials). I tried resetting my password and it told me my Internet ID as printed on my room card didn't exist. So I attempted to create a new user and it told me my Internet ID already had an account.

I finally braced myself for the very long wait in line for assistance. We got it going, but the guy said the problem was that I had started using the MSC app before registering for the package. The explanation made no sense to me but was what I was told. I skeptical that was the issue.

Anyway, regarding two people in a stateroom booking under free wi-fi/drinks, the first person on the booking gets the two device package as promised. The second person gets squat. So the first has to give up one of their devices to the other.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, pcrum said:

Thanks for the responses.  I called MSC and the rep told me it is the drinks package where any drink $9 and under is covered.  Because we are on the 3-day cruise, there is NO option to upgrade to a premium package before the cruise.  I don't understand why MSC won't take our money to upgrade, but that's what I was told.  We are giving it a try on Sept. 1.  Have never sailed MSC and prefer NCL, but this fit our dates.  For 3 nights, how bad can it be, lol?

We sail on the 15th. Can you update us on what you saw as far as drinks available on package. Menu posted above was in Euros, wondering what available for under $9. Could you get things like miami vice, pina coladas, black russians, etc ?

On 9/3/2022 at 7:15 PM, bruce85 said:

We sail on the 15th. Can you update us on what you saw as far as drinks available on package. Menu posted above was in Euros, wondering what available for under $9. Could you get things like miami vice, pina coladas, black russians, etc 

yes, those drinks were available.  It seemed the main difference is in the wines and the types of liquor used.  Higher shelf liquor is used on the premium package.  As it turned out, we were able to upgrade to premium once on board. It was an extra $20/day plus tip for $69/person for the 3 nights.  Definitely worth it for 3 nights, but I'm not sure I'd do it for a longer cruise. The better wines and liquors were not available at all bars, so we learned where to go to get our preferences. The wine bar outside of the Butcher Cut Steak House had the better wines.

Happy cruising. We loved every minute of our time on Divina. 

Edited by pcrum
  • Thanks 1