Private Tour or Taxi from Le Havre to Lisieux

• 3 weeks later...
I, too, am very interested in making this trip. I was wondering what your research has shown. df

So far my research has been disappointing.

As the crow flies from Le Havre to Lisieux is less than 30 miles. There is a train that goes to Lisieux from Le Havre but it has to detour to Rouen. This is about 50 miles away. Then from Rouen to Lisieux is another 50 miles. The train will take about two hours one way.

A public bus goes from Lisieux to Le Havre. I've looked over the schedule but since I don't speak French it looks a little complicated. It's not an adventure that I would want to experiment with on my own.

Don't know if this will help. I googled "Lisieux" and came up with an info sheet that included places to say and Shrine information.

There is a tourist office:

Lisieux Tourist Office

11, rue d' Alencon BP 97

F-14107 Lisieux

Tel (0231) 62.08.41

Fax (0231) 63.35.22

They may speak English.

df

• 1 month later...

We are renting a car from Hertz in Le Havre for 45euros and driving around Normandy including the area around Lisieux. We are planning on visiting farms to taste and buy cheese and Cavados. We have driven in france before outside of Paris and had no problems - just get a good map.

Of course the cars are manual not automatic. This is always an option rather than a taxi.

Francine

Archived