Boarding Times / Upgrade

Alslc

Hi all, we'll soon be onboard QM2. We are 3 different parties and despite being all in the same category of stateroom/deck we have been given 3 different boarding times, one of those just 15 min away from the last boarding time. Needless to say I won't be arriving just 15 min before the closing time, I have two question: 

- Does the staff at Southampton enforce the boarding times on the boarding passes? I have been turned away in the past from other ports for turning up too early (yes on Cunard)

- Can the upgrades be awarded past the 21 days before travel deadline?

Thanks 🙂

We have a cruise on Qm2 in September in a balcony , booked 18 months ago on the Cunard fare, have had over 40 cruises with cunard , are Diamond World Cub and have been given a 15.30 check in time.

30 minutes before all aboard.

Called Cunard who said we have to stick to that time and they were unable to change the time.

My friend has been on 1 Cunard cruise booked a saver fare 6 months ago has a 13.30 check in time.

5 hours ago, transatlantic fan said:

We have a cruise on Qm2 in September in a balcony , booked 18 months ago on the Cunard fare, have had over 40 cruises with cunard , are Diamond World Cub and have been given a 15.30 check in time.

30 minutes before all aboard.

Called Cunard who said we have to stick to that time and they were unable to change the time.

My friend has been on 1 Cunard cruise booked a saver fare 6 months ago has a 13.30 check in time.

Hope you understand the way they are trying to separate us for our safety and not to separate groups.

We will be sailing in September and enjoyed boarding at Noon in the past. We know we maybe asked to arrive at a possible later time. If not, we would appreciate they taking care of our safety. 

As long as you are on board the ship at least 30 minutes prior to its departure time, you will be fine. 

In fact, the later you check in, the fewer the people in front of you to make you wait in line.

We've shown up around 45 minutes before departure to find the check-in hall empty except for a few bored staff. "We've been expecting you!", said the check-in clerk. We were on board within about 5 minutes of arriving.

A good rule of thumb to make best use of your time on land is:

Get off the ship as soon as you are allowed to in the mornings*

Get on the ship as late as you can in the afternoons (including check-in). Don't be concerned about the last shuttle bus or the last tender back to the ship being full. They are quite the opposite by that time!

* After a 6:30 am arrival in Southampton, we took the train and were on the ground in London before 9:00 am, for a great shore day up in Town.