FCC Kicker Promo for new bookings issue

As you may know, there is currently an FCC Kicker promotion which offers $100 OBC if you use up a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) at the time of booking a new cruise.

I successfully received this when I booked a Mediterranean cruise for May 2023.  I booked online and was able to link the FCC at the time of booking.  At the time of booking, the FCC didn't show up in the amount paid for the cruise, but it showed up shortly after.  Maybe a day or two later.  Per the terms of the Promotion, it took about one more week for the OBC to show up on the cruise.  Perfect.  

However, when I booked a second cruise a few days later to make this a B2B, there was an error when I booked the cruise when I tried to link to another FCC.  It told me to try applying the FCC after finishing the booking.  I finished the booking and then used the regular page that Royal provides to request an FCC credit to a cruise.  This time, it said the FCC certificate ID I entered was acceptable and I assumed it was linked to the cruise.  But, So far, it has been one week and the FCC is still not reflected on my cruise -- the amount due has not been reduced. 

I'm now a little concerned that 1) have they actually received my request to apply the FCC to the cruise and 2) if they do, will they recognize it as being requested at the time of booking so that I would qualify for the $100 OBC?

Does anyone know if I call an agent and ask them to cancel/rebook the cruise (the price hasn't changed and I have booked a refundable deposit and it's way outside final payment dates), would they be able to apply the FCC at time of booking?  or do they still make you submit an online request to do this after the fact?

Thoughts?

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• MeHeartCruising changed the title to FCC Kicker Promo for new bookings issue