Dive Grenada/ or Aquanauts of Grenada??

Dgonza

Has anyone experienced these two dive operators? If so, what is your feedback? I have inquired with both for my dive trip. We will only be in port for 6hrs. Just wondering what your thoughts/recommendations are?

Dgonza,

cmdchiefthom's recommendation is sound. IMO however, either dive operator will suffice and both are reputable.

A few suggestions on determining who to go with, check out their web site and see what kind of boat they'll use, check prices and if able check which dive op is under contract with your cruise ship (email one of them asking if they'll take a "walk-in" from your ship, if they don't, more likely than not they are under contract that day for your cruise ship) to avoid the crowd use the other. In your case scenario this will work because both dive ops can deliver the goods. Keeping in mind your inexperience, either can accommodate you. You can go with the cruise excursion. At this port with your experience level, I don't believe they would bring you to the Bianca wreck.

Also, congrats. on purchasing your new dive gear. Getting familiar and comfortable with your equipment is very important before you go venturing out. The computer was a good decision. I posted a thread on "First Cruise Dive- Bring my gear?" on 27Feb. also check Diving DIVING DIVING!!!!! cmdciefthom is definitly on the money. I also use a combination of mechanical and electronic gear. Redundant gear ='s safety. Noone wants to get bent.

For my own info. was the ebay'er a registered Oceanic retailer? Oceanic has good products and your reg is a good entry level reg from what I've read.

This is NOT meant for you to substitute going to a pro shop and having someone with the expertise to CHECK OUT YOUR GEAR. To check out your bcd what you can do is blow it up to max allowable, fill your bathtub with water and submerge it checking for leaks in particular around the dump valves and seams, purge your system at the dump valve checking to see if the seal is holding, reinflate and do it again checking all valves in the same way. Also check around where hoses go in to the bcd. If you're going to a pool always rinse your gear, the chlorine will discolor equipment especially a black bcd. That's about it...Paul:)

P.S. Having a pro shop checking out your gear is VERY IMPORTANT due to damage that can happen during shipment. Wearing it in a pool to see how it fit and works is a mater of familiararity.

I've always gone with Aquanauts Grenada. Had a great time on my last trip with them on my birthday. Peter's birthday is the day after mine. I managed to dive the Bianca C on my trips there. But they won't take everyone there because it's an advanced dive. I have Advanced Trimix cert, and they prefer at least AOW. A buddy I brought from the cruise ship only had his OW cert. But he had over 300 dives and they accepted my word that he was a competent diver. They also pump nitrox, which is good for the Bianca C. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a 600' cruise ship known as the Titanic of the Caribbean. You can swim in the pool at 120'. It's a quick drift over the wreck, and those with enough air proceed to the reef for the rest of the dive. They have boats to take experienced divers to one spot and less experienced divers to another as needed. I would love to spend a week there with them; if I could just get enough technical divers together for such a trip. The sea life I've found in Grenada is more plentiful than I've found most other places. Visibility suffers at times, but you can't have everything. Well, maybe you can, I'll let you know after my Tahiti cruise.

Archived