Internet Question

wolft927

So my wife and I will be on the 9 day cruise on the Getaway out at the end of September. Our 16 year old will be staying home due to school with our close friends that live across the street. We would like to be able to facetime her while on the ship. Would I need the streaming package or simply the unlimited package? Anyone who has used facetime on the ship i would love your feedback. Thanks again

We went on a 7 day cruise in Feb, 2022 and my daughter wanted to FT her 6 year old.  She had free internet package and she was able to FT and call her with the 125 free minutes.  We also used Whatsapp while in port so she could call and speak with her.  We did not upgrade the package and had enough minutes for "keeping in touch"....

It really depends on how often and how long you want to keep in touch.  Everyone's needs differ.  Hope this helps.

Sheila 

4 minutes ago, sheila77 said:

We went on a 7 day cruise in Feb, 2022 and my daughter wanted to FT her 6 year old.  She had free internet package and she was able to FT and call her with the 125 free minutes.  We also used Whatsapp while in port so she could call and speak with her.  We did not upgrade the package and had enough minutes for "keeping in touch"....

It really depends on how often and how long you want to keep in touch.  Everyone's needs differ.  Hope this helps.

Sheila 

it absolutely does thank you....Just wanted to make sure that the normal internet speed would be enough to utilize facetime. Thanks so much!!!