Covid Testing, Verifly and Alaska Land First

jphks

I received an email from HAL about getting ready for our trip, suggesting using VeriFly to make our check-in faster. Land First, 31st of Aug. to 4th of Sept. Verifly says we can submit our Covid Test from the 31st to the 4th of Sept. We will be at the McKinley Chalet Resort. How do we go about testing?

We fly into AK on the 31st and have our Covid test set for the 30th of Aug.

It would have been great if the upcoming changes had changed for our cruise. I'm not complaining about testing. I'd have done it before we left anyway.

Our TA is very friendly and responsive, but I feel all the testing requirements are confusing even to the TA.

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

You only need the pre-tour test that you have scheduled on August 30.  HAL will provide complimentary testing elsewhere.  See the chart at bottom

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/0614-alaska-canada-health-protocols.pdf

I was thinking the same but it is so confusing. Thanks!

Our pre cruise land tour required a covid test but was never checked by anyone. We were Covid tested at the McKinley Lodge by HAL the day before our cruise Results within about 30 minutes.. Some people tested positive at McKinley and were transported back to Anchorage for 10:day quarantine at a local hotel and of course no cruise. You don’t have to use Verifly and it is difficult to set up at McKinley lodge rooms due to poor internet. The arriveCan app does not need to be set up until on the ship despite handout they give you. . The ship provides complete directions to make it easier. While on the ship if you go to Medical for any reason you will be tested for Covid and subject to Quarantine on ship and upon arrival in Canada 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1pinehurst said:

Our pre cruise land tour required a covid test but was never checked by anyone. We were Covid tested at the McKinley Lodge by HAL the day before our cruise R

When was your trip?  Did you start your journey in Anchorage at the Westmark? Thank you

Edited by Mary229

We officially started day 1 of our tour in Seattle 8-3 at the Crown Plaza airport hotel and day 2 we flew to Anchorage and stayed at the Westmark Hotel (arrival 6:00 pm). Day 3 train to Danali and check In McKinley lodge Day 4 Denali tour am and covid test pm. Day 5 Train to Whitter and board cruise 8-7 around 6 pm.I would recommend you check any airline reservations made by HAL and make changes such as seat assignments and flights if not satisfied.. Some people in our group were getting to Anchorage at midnight. Make sure you bring extra prescription medication in case something does go wrong (quarantined). Some people have their doctor give them a Z pac. Cough medicine could be useful. We are currently Quarantined in Vancouver for 10 days at the Sheraton  Airport Hotel

Edited by 1pinehurst
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:36 AM, jphks said:

I received an email from HAL about getting ready for our trip, suggesting using VeriFly to make our check-in faster. Land First, 31st of Aug. to 4th of Sept. Verifly says we can submit our Covid Test from the 31st to the 4th of Sept. We will be at the McKinley Chalet Resort. How do we go about testing?

We fly into AK on the 31st and have our Covid test set for the 30th of Aug.

It would have been great if the upcoming changes had changed for our cruise. I'm not complaining about testing. I'd have done it before we left anyway.

Our TA is very friendly and responsive, but I feel all the testing requirements are confusing even to the TA.

I am assuming you are on the Neiuw Amsterdam cruise. We are too. Yes, testing requirements were confusing and I called HAL to get clarification. We fly in to Anchorage from Houston on the 31st, layover in Seattle, arriving at 12:10 am on Sept. 1st. Alaska Air cancelled our original earlier flight. Darn it. We will test the morning of the 31st and HAL will give us a complimentary test before we leave Denali.