unsuperized self test?

39august

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

I told my doctor about a problem I was having. My head was sucking in the hair on top of my head and pushing it out my ears. He diagnosted it as A.G.E related.

OH NO!!!! I'm suffering from the same thing so it is obviously contagious. Wonder if this mean this is the next pandemic?🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, rj59 said:

There's no way to date for a self-test, it's on the honor system, trusting that most people would care enough to do a current test for their own protection and those of others, and to not travel if they're positive.  Even in the past, anyone with a little photoshop skills could change the date on a past test for any cruise, and it's not like the people going through documents for thousands of people at the pier are on the lookout for forgeries. The current Canadian requirement for Arrivecan is also a formality that as far as I know is never actually checked by Canadians in Victoria, and some freak out if they can't get it done on the ship, while others simply ignore it and have no problem. On my Solstice sailing a few weeks ago was upset because nobody checked her Arrivecan code, while the exit in Victoria was clogged with people fumbling for a mask because of a sign saying to put on a mask for the 10 second walk through the empty building. It's a transition period now, just as there was one for masks, so there will be confusion and fear ("oh no, is that loud person on my elevator unvaxxed? must hold my  breath and wear my K95 by the pool, just in case"). 

ArriveCAN is not checked when getting off the ship in Victoria because it is linked to your passport. The cruise line sends passport information to Canadian Border Services and they can check if ArriveCAN has been completed.