What's the latest on Skagway - anyone know?

I heard that some sailings were bypassing Skagway due to rockslides.  

From what I read online, it's not all berths that cannot be accessed.

I've heard that some recent NCL sailings were sent to Icy Point or Sitka instead .... and now I'm reading that some ships (did not mention NCL) are going to a place called Hoonah. 

We set sail October 15 and have a train ride excursion in Skagway that my husband was really looking forward to.  Just wondering if there's any chance of that still happening.  If it matters - our sailing is NCL's last one to Alaska of the season, so there may be less ships there.

13 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I heard that some sailings were bypassing Skagway due to rockslides.  

From what I read online, it's not all berths that cannot be accessed.

I've heard that some recent NCL sailings were sent to Icy Point or Sitka instead .... and now I'm reading that some ships (did not mention NCL) are going to a place called Hoonah. 

We set sail October 15 and have a train ride excursion in Skagway that my husband was really looking forward to.  Just wondering if there's any chance of that still happening.  If it matters - our sailing is NCL's last one to Alaska of the season, so there may be less ships there.

Hoonah is Icy Point Strait 

Those itineraries affected by the dock closure have been notified. Keep watching for that "Important Information About Your Cruise" email. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were just on the Jewel on a b2b and went to Skagway both weeks.  The dock is closed but we were put at the Ore Dock both weeks.  The first week a Carnival ship was tendering from near the rock slide dock and the return week there were only 2 ships there.  We had a wonderful trip with Chinook Tours up to the Yukon Territory.  It went to Emerald Lake, Carcross Desert and a wonderful lunch at the place that trains the puppies for dog sledding.  It was a great day.  The 2nd week we took the street car tour and then walked around town and had drinks at the Red Onion Saloon. 

Lots of people were riding the train even though it only went to the border.

Have fun planning.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...