Iona Viewing Points

Cpt Pugwash

Could someone Please tell me which deck is the highest with a walk round part at front of ship as am a keen Photographer and like to take photo's s we enter and leave ports.

Also which lift as i know some may only go up so many decks which one goes the nearest to the deck.?

Thanks 

Take Care.

6 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Could someone Please tell me which deck is the highest with a walk round part at front of ship as am a keen Photographer and like to take photo's s we enter and leave ports.

Also which lift as i know some may only go up so many decks which one goes the nearest to the deck.?

Thanks 

Take Care.

Deck 19 Sky deck using the forward lifts to deck 18 and the the stairs. There is a wheelchair lift between 18 and 19. Note that you may not get an unobstructed vie as Iona has clear wind break panelling. The only other deck with a forward view is the prom deck 8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Deck 19 Sky deck using the forward lifts to deck 18 and the the stairs. There is a wheelchair lift between 18 and 19. Note that you may not get an unobstructed vie as Iona has clear wind break panelling. The only other deck with a forward view is the prom deck 8

Thank You i had noticed those panels and thought they may get in the way though did notice in video's i have seen sometimes there is a clear space without them at side of ship so slightly side on might be my only option. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Thank You i had noticed those panels and thought they may get in the way though did notice in video's i have seen sometimes there is a clear space without them at side of ship so slightly side on might be my only option. 

Thanks.

Depending on which camera and lens you have you may find you can get a photo through the gaps in the panels. I know I did on my phone and I’m fairly sure I managed to do the same with my DSLR lens in certain places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Depending on which camera and lens you have you may find you can get a photo through the gaps in the panels. I know I did on my phone and I’m fairly sure I managed to do the same with my DSLR lens in certain places.

Thanks for that didn't notice gaps between Panels on video's i had seen. Have 3 lenses for camera so hopefully one will be of use. Just prefer to see straight ahead so can see what's coming up.

Thanks

The gaps might not be in all the panels around the ship but certainly in quite a few places there is a gap by the hand rail.

I’ve taken a screen shot from someone’s video to try to explain what I mean.

I’ll also add a link to the video, they get to the front of deck 19 around 7:45 mins in.

5D1BC2D2-043E-4FDB-932E-D5458E94CE69.jpeg

Edited by SarahHben

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

The gaps might not be in all the panels around the ship but certainly in quite a few places there is a gap by the hand rail.

I’ve taken a screen shot from someone’s video to try to explain what I mean.

I’ll also add a link to the video, they get to the front of deck 19 around 7:45 mins in.

5D1BC2D2-043E-4FDB-932E-D5458E94CE69.jpeg

Thanks i watched that video on Youtube and shows lot's of decks without Plastic Panels at Aft of ship but none at front. The spaces i have seen are mainly where Stairs go between decks as the Panels stop then Continue on next deck but again all at side of ship. 😞

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Thanks i watched that video on Youtube and shows lot's of decks without Plastic Panels at Aft of ship but none at front. The spaces i have seen are mainly where Stairs go between decks as the Panels stop then Continue on next deck but again all at side of ship. 😞

If the stern is panel free maybe you will have to take your photos when you are leaving port.😊

3 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Sadly, it doesn't look like most of her open decks are photography friendly...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Sadly, it doesn't look like most of her open decks are photography friendly...

I expect i could always try and buy one of those little steps, you know the ones some people use to reach high things in there cupboards, that fit's in my Suitcase.🙄

• Haha 1

I find these glass wind breaks are a real pain for photograghers. ORCA also station themselves on the highest deck which gives great visibilty for spotting, but useless for photos. You'd think they could have just one observation deck with clear lines of site. Oceana and Oriana were the best ships for this. It also appears deck 19 is stepped back quite a bit which again is a nuisance.

• Like 2