Platinum Dinner at La Cucina for Dummies

lakelivin2

I've rarely eaten at La Cucina and avoided this question.  I know that under the rules of platinum dinners, I can have 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and a dessert, but, there is a Zuppa/Antipasta/Insalate section, and Pasta & Risotto section.  Are these all considered apps?  As a couple may we order one from each section?  Enquiring minds want to know....

Or better yet, are they still letting plats use their dining certificates at any specialty dining venue (in which case, I won't even consider using it in La Cucina)?

• 2 weeks later...

We eat there every cruise and we pretty much order what we want, and we've never encountered any issues with FAS/Latitudes not covering what we've ordered.  Sometimes it's several appetizers to share and two entrees.  Sometimes it's several appetizers, soups, and salads.  Regardless, no one has ever wagged their finger and said "You can't!"

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, lakelivin2 said:

I've rarely eaten at La Cucina and avoided this question.  I know that under the rules of platinum dinners, I can have 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and a dessert, but, there is a Zuppa/Antipasta/Insalate section, and Pasta & Risotto section.  Are these all considered apps?  As a couple may we order one from each section?  Enquiring minds want to know....

Or better yet, are they still letting plats use their dining certificates at any specialty dining venue (in which case, I won't even consider using it in La Cucina)?

We order whatever we want and have never been charged. 

wrt using the vouchers at places other than those specified on the certificates, that was one on a few specific itineraries and not done widely across the fleet. The Cruise Next manager last week hinted that there may be changes in vouchers coming.... In our experience, the vouchers have become more and more restrictive.... not better. 

• Thanks 1

Same experience with us: order whatever you like and no hassles or push back from waitstaff.  In fact, we are often encouraged by waitstaff to order within those menu categories (pasta, insalate, etc.) during those visits when we consciously skip them.  (That's a lot of food!)

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1