Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Terminal & Embarkation

rgoldstein86

I'll be cruising the Rotterdam out of Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale in November and was wondering how embarkation works. We'll be flying to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale airport) that morning and do not have any transportation set up. Is it easy to get a taxi/uber from the airport to the cruise terminal? Is there a lot of walking expected or places to sit in the terminal? Should we be expecting to be in large crowds? Is there anything special I should know ahead of time on this topic? Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Very short distance between FLL and Port Everglades.  I've never had a problem finding transportation.  There are plenty of places to sit in the terminal.  No more walking required than at an airport.  There are sometimes 6-7 ships in port so you may encounter crowds.  Depending on when you arrive at your terminal, there may be a lot of passengers waiting but the lines keep moving in my experience.

Edited by Roz
  • Thanks 1