Flat iron for hair allowed?

neeuqdrazil

@rmsEtruria Hmmm I think either term will work. They are round objects that get hot and I wrap my hair around them and then use a metal hook to hold them in place. If I am talking to my DH and tell him the term curler would refer to my curling iron. I had both on the QM2 and they were not confiscated nor did they blow any fuses causing lights to go out on the ship.

4 minutes ago, techteach said:

@rmsEtruria Hmmm I think either term will work. They are round objects that get hot and I wrap my hair around them and then use a metal hook to hold them in place. If I am talking to my DH and tell him the term curler would refer to my curling iron. I had both on the QM2 and they were not confiscated nor did they blow any fuses causing lights to go out on the ship.

Yes, those round objects are what I mean. To me and DW, they’re just “curlers”; come to think of it, though, I’ve seen the term “rollers” before, and it’s probably more accurate. DW also has a curling iron (or had—I think it’s already been goodwilled now that we got a nice new compact set of travel rollers), but doesn’t particularly like it.

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Our next cruise is also an aft reconfigured cabin, and I will go doubly prepared with different adapters.

There were loads of usb charging points [great] around the cabin which negated the need for my multi usb plug adapter, but only one UK three pin plug socket and that I only found after a week! Should have asked but didn't.

Plenty of US 2 prong efforts though which needed some wellie when trying to plug in my universal adapters so next time I'm going prepared  with actual single adapter plugs.

the thing we got (first [picture I attached) has plugs to plug in Europe, USA, Australia, SouthAmerica and I think something else, you get the pins out by moving those blue thingies....and has USB ports....

We got them because someone said in a thread if we wanted to charge two decides at once we may need it.... can't remember how much it was, but it was really handy when we traveled tp Sevilla in the beginning of the month,  we were able to charge stuff and plug in her hair dryer and battery charger for my tens unit, so we already got some use of it...  

good to know they have lots of USB ports in the cabins!

11 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

the thing we got (first [picture I attached) has plugs to plug in Europe, USA, Australia, SouthAmerica and I think something else, you get the pins out by moving those blue thingies....and has USB ports....

We got them because someone said in a thread if we wanted to charge two decides at once we may need it.... can't remember how much it was, but it was really handy when we traveled tp Sevilla in the beginning of the month,  we were able to charge stuff and plug in her hair dryer and battery charger for my tens unit, so we already got some use of it...  

good to know they have lots of USB ports in the cabins!

I’ve got two of those and very useful they are too but not needed in our reconfigured aft cabin as we have numerous USB ports and with two adapters for toothbrushes and a razor, not needed. Any three pronged UK plugs will fit into the UK style socket.

Sadly though, in our experience, there are no USB ports in the non reconfigured  cabins so make sure you have your USB port adapters with you.

• Like 1

@Victoria2 thanks! will do 🙂

I found some videos of cabins in our floor, (by the stateroom number I imagine a few doors away from us) really liked what I saw... I never imagined one day I will wish the British summer to be over, can't wait!!!! 

Edited by MrsPeel55
typos, always typos!