Joy Review: 8/14 9-night cruise

MsK64

10 hours ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but were there crepes at the buffet every night? We just got off the Bliss and were disappointed these were not available. #firstworldproblems

We are on the Joy in October so my family asked me to check. LOL

Sorry – we never ate dinner in the buffet, so I can’t answer this question. Hopefully, someone else here will be able to.

10 hours ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but were there crepes at the buffet every night? We just got off the Bliss and were disappointed these were not available. #firstworldproblems

We are on the Joy in October so my family asked me to check. LOL

On Bliss, crepes are in Coco's and you have to pay for them.  I assumed this would be the case for similar ships (like Joy and Encore). 

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

On Bliss, crepes are in Coco's and you have to pay for them.  I assumed this would be the case for similar ships (like Joy and Encore). 

When I was on the Joy in March there was at least one night you could get crepes in the buffet.  Made a "late" trip there (after a show) to get it.  They MAY have been available every night, I don't know...

10 hours ago, hallux said:

When I was on the Joy in March there was at least one night you could get crepes in the buffet.  Made a "late" trip there (after a show) to get it.  They MAY have been available every night, I don't know...

Good to hear.  Thank you.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:02 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do you happen to remember which cuts you ordered?  I've had great steaks and Cagney's and poor steaks.  Thx.

I had the ribeye, cooked medium (uniformly pink inside, which is exactly the way I wanted it) and my friend had the filet mignon, medium well. We both thought our steaks were very good-maybe not Peter Luger‘s level good, but very tasty nonetheless. And so were the appetizers, the side dishes—all very good. In fact, if I had to criticize anything, it would be the cheesecake I had for dessert. Not that it was bad, but it just wasn’t classic New York style cheesecake.

All that said, it’s always tricky when people give their opinions about food because it really is all about one’s personal taste. We could both eat the exact same thing and I could love it and you could hate it or vice-versa. Or sometimes it depends on who cooks your food or even what night you went. I can only relate what our reaction was to our meal there, which was very positive.

• Like 1