Any Cruisers Out There From San Antonio, Texas?????

cruzzer

How many of you out there live in San Antonio?

I see many cities (Dallas & Houston inlcuded) getting together to talk about cruising and meeting others.

You may even see someone you already know!

Probably an annual party would do.

Would you be interested in something like this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaypat:

Right up the road in New Braunfels.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely off topic BUT since I saw this thread was about San Antonio I thought I'd ask. Since you're in New Braunfels I figure you've been to or at least heard of Schlitterbauns (spelling?). Any thought on it? What's a good place to stay around there. I've never been to Texas but I'd love to take my kids to the water park. I had heard that that area had a lot of pollution. From what I've seen on the Internet, it looks like a nice area. Thanks and sorry for the OT post.

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

MrNobody & Selucrey

Thanks for all your help in finding the two links to Texas Cruisers and Texas Cruisers-Check In!

It's slow going, but since we are the 8th or 9th largest city in the country (it keeps changing), I thought we'd get a few more posts than this.

Oh well, time will tell.

I have posted on almost every cruise line. Am I crazy or what? DH thinks I'm a little kooky.

I just like to think on myself as a someone who loves her city and it's people.

Keep in touch if you wish.

People from Austin are invited, too!

Lois

OhioBeachBum

Glad you asked, but I cannot really help you out with hotels, etc.

I do know Schleterbaun (sp?) is becoming one of the best places to visit in the state. After San Antonio, of course!

It started off as a waterslide and has become a mega entertainment water theme park.

My grandchildren have been there.

I'd rather cruise!

Hope you can find out more,

Lois

PS Where's the beach?LOL

OhioBeachBum

Schlitterbahn is a wonderful place to spend the day with the family (or with a friend). Too much to do in one day so go early and stay late. The nice part is also that you can bring a cooler with you to cut down on the food and drink costs. There are plenty of tables for a picnic or you can buy food and drinks there. http://www.schlitterbahn.com/

Click on resorts to find accomadations and you can also buy tickets on line and print them. Saves time as there is usually long lines.

Make sure you get the one in New Braunfels as there is also one in South Padre Tx.

By the way, if you really enjoy the water, there are some good places to rent inner tubes and float down the river in New Braunfels. Lots of college kids from San Marcos and Austin in the spring and fall can be found floating on the week-ends!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

Vision of the Sea/ Alaska Northbound 9/3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

cruzzer, my dad lives in SA, does that count? We live about 3 hours south of you but there would never be enough cruisers in our area to have a meet and greet. We live in the sticks! We would love to join y'all though! My dh also thinks I'm nuts for always being on these boards but I've gotten lots of good info and tips on here.

Julie

mjcrober@yahoo.com

Fantasy 12/03

Splendour of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

Camreesmom/Julie

You must really like us! 3 hours away, that may be to farthest so far! There is one woman 200 miles from SA. Your Dad counts!

You're welcome to join us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Lois

Lois, we go to SA several times a year anyway. I would love to meet other people who share our enthusiasm for cruising. It is hard for people who have not tried it to understand the addiction. I'm sure that my coworkers are sick of hearing about our past cruises and the ones that I'm dreaming about! My dh loves to travel ANYWHERE! I'm sure that the current gas prices are going to have some effect on that.

Julie

mjcrober@yahoo.com

Fantasy 12/03

Splendour of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

Julie,

You sound like me. I love to cruise! DH likes it, but not as much as I do. He likes land vacations that involve golf. He is a really great golfer, and plays in many Charity/Celebrity events.

It will be sometime before we actually get folks to sign in. I'm thinking either late summer or early fall.

Hi to all,

Lois

FYI

As of now, our very first San Antonio Party will be sometime in this Fall.

Keep posted as we're really getting things going!

Could you also let me know how many persons you are in your group?

First names would also be appreciated. Not getting nosy, but it helps me with my charts.

Lois

[This message was edited by cruzzer on 05-24-04 at 09:26 PM.]

Ohiobeachbum,

If you are coming to San Antonio, there is a lot more to do than just the water park in New Braunfuls. There is Sea World, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (both have water parks),and Splashtown (smaller water park). Then there is the Market Square (little Mexico), the River Walk (river barge ride, restaurants, and clubs). Then there is the zoo, the Alamo and the missions.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

(circa July 4, 1987)

San Antonio is a GREAT place!!

Mexican food on the riverwalk, and a horsedrawn carriage (the horse drank Budweiser) ROFL!!

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Oldvato,

Love your screen name!

Having read this thread,

I was wondering if you would

like to sign in and up for the

Fall party.

If interested, please let me know.

Thanks, and what a wonderful Tour Guide you

would be. Are you?

Thanks,

Lois

CRUZZER..

AAWWWW, SWEETIE...

You've made my day

Thanks!

Savannah is 'wonderful', but I was a Texan before I was a Georgian!

I am truly grateful for being able to experience many parts of our great country. I love all of them..but for different reasons.

I'd tip my hat to ya, but since you're a girl..how 'bout one-a-them TEXAS sized hugs?!

(tryin' to stay 'politically correct') LOL

Sensation 5/15/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

ROFL!!

Yep...I've tipped mine to my neices and nephews out there in the Big D, and they thought it was funny, but it's not done as a general 'rule' from one girl to another..Thanks for the reminder that I can also talk to adults! LOL

BIG HUG RIGHT BACK ATTCHA!!

Gosh...I miss Texas...

Sensation 5/15/2004

valorvampires.gif

Archived