VIP Check In Question

Nikkoli110

Hello, yet another question :o I'm sailing on Glory 4/15 with my parents, bf and sister. My parents are in a Cat. 11 suite, and we're in a balcony room. I understand that my parents get VIP check in, since we are all together, will they allow us to check in with them? What does this include? Is it just quicker than the regular check in? Thanks! :)

Since you have separate rooms, I am going to assume that you have separate booking numbers and separate documents. If this is the case, they will get VIP Check In and I don't believe your family will, unless you are a Platinum member (10 cruises on Carnival).

We are sailing on the Legend on 4/2 with a Cat 11 and my Mom and Aunt in the Cat 8 next to us. I called Carnival and asked this question. The PVP I spoke to said while there were no guarantees, they should be able to board with us. If we had a lot of people w/us they would not do it. We plan on getting to the port early so even if they can't go on with us they won't be far behind. Hope this helps a little.

When you get the docs...who ever (or whomever) is listed on the Cat 11 doc will be issued into the VIP Check In. Others listed on the other documents will get to stand in line. Now since everyone you have listed (except the parents) is under 25, I don't know if that will have a bearing.

We sailed out of Miami Jan 1-we had a Cat 11. There was a lady at the door checking docs-there was a group of people in front of us that were together, she let 2 of them through the door and sent the other people to the regular line.

We sailed out of Miami Jan 1-we had a Cat 11. There was a lady at the door checking docs-there was a group of people in front of us that were together, she let 2 of them through the door and sent the other people to the regular line.

I do know that if you have someone in a wheelchair that they will allow one person to go in early with them, but not the whole group (at least from what I have seen at several ports.)

Now since everyone you have listed (except the parents) is under 25, I don't know if that will have a bearing.

that rule wont apply here since the poster is 22. the rule is under 21.

IF you go at a peak time you will be asked to show your documents. Since you have regular documents only the people who are booked into the suite will have prioty checkin- (they still have to wait to board but not as long as you will when you check in)

the wheelchair--- its only one person with the person thats in the chair can go with them.

My parents were both elderly...so they made my dad stay with me and one of my sons went with my mom..we met up on the lido deck once we got onboard.

Yes we have separate booking numbers, haven't got the docs yet, maybe we can play the kids card? I need my mommy! lol I am 22, and my sister, who unknown to them, is 17 and will be staying in our room. :D

unknown to whom?? Im sure your parents know that your sister is 17.

carnival?? they will have see her birthcertificate... your sister may be getting on with your parents.

IF you go at a peak time you will be asked to show your documents. Since you have regular documents only the people who are booked into the suite will have prioty checkin- (they still have to wait to board but not as long as you will when you check in)

the wheelchair--- its only one person with the person thats in the chair can go with them.

My parents were both elderly...so they made my dad stay with me and one of my sons went with my mom..we met up on the lido deck once we got onboard.

I know there has to be limits (because someone would abuse the priviledge)

but it does seem they would let "immediate" family stay together if there is a wheelchair involved. How do you get all the family in the Embarkation picture if you are split up??

On all our cruises my parents have used the Skippers club check in while those of us in steerage watch them board the ship. My kids are usually booked with them so we are left standing. Only once did the employee allow us to check in with them because they were not busy at the time. I do understand why they do that. Many people travel on cruises in very large groups. If they were to allow all the people from a group to use VIP check in because one cabin was a suite then it kind of defeats the purpose of the quicker check in. I know it is not fun to watch them get on before you but you do have the option of going the other way and they can just check in with you.I have never asked my parents to do that because it isn't that big a deal. We are usually on within a half hour of them and we know where to find them. Cindy

I know there has to be limits (because someone would abuse the priviledge)

but it does seem they would let "immediate" family stay together if there is a wheelchair involved. How do you get all the family in the Embarkation picture if you are split up??

there are 9 of us sailing with my mom in a chair.- we can always go back if we needed a group photo --- but use the ports for those photos.

I'd rather see my mom get special treatment like that-- instead of "every"one using the privilege.

there are 9 of us sailing with my mom in a chair.- we can always go back if we needed a group photo --- but use the ports for those photos.

I'd rather see my mom get special treatment like that-- instead of "every"one using the privilege.

I would agree. Your Mom must love having everyone with her. That is so special. Have a great cruise!!

Hmm, wonder what our situation will be. We have a party of 5 - husband, myself, 17 year old niece/nanny and my 2 and 5 year old. We booked one Category 11 and one inside across the hall. My name and my niece's name are on the Category 11 booking (cuz they had to have an adult name in the inside room, so my husband is on that booking).

My concern isn't so much the priority/VIP booking - - although it IS very nice and it's the only way we cruise now - - but I am more concerned about getting split up.

Given it's 2 adults and 3 minors, they wouldn't do that, would they?

Really? We just booked the Valor for Dec 31, 2006 and we're putting our 22 yr DS in with our 17 yr nephew. And Carnival PVP wouldn't let us because our DS isn't 25. DH, myself and DD booked cat 11, DS DN booked inside across the hall, Carnival had to book my husband in with nephew, and son with me and DD, of course we'll fix it once on board. I think the rule is under 25, but if I'm wrong, please let me know, so I can change DS, DN together.

Really? We just booked the Valor for Dec 31, 2006 and we're putting our 22 yr DS in with our 17 yr nephew. And Carnival PVP wouldn't let us because our DS isn't 25. DH, myself and DD booked cat 11, DS DN booked inside across the hall, Carnival had to book my husband in with nephew, and son with me and DD, of course we'll fix it once on board. I think the rule is under 25, but if I'm wrong, please let me know, so I can change DS, DN together.

The 25 rule is what I have always heard, but since it has never affected me

( I am wayyyyy over 25) I don't have any personal experience.

your nephew IS under 21 and your son is not 25-

if your nephew was 21 it would have been a clear booking.

the rule is--- if someone in the cabin is under 21 then a person needs to be 25 booked into the same cabin. If all persons are 21 or over its good to go.

Given it's 2 adults and 3 minors, they wouldn't do that, would they?

I think they would take you all in for checkin- especially if you are there early or late.

BUT carnival wont see 3 minors checking in alone since your husband will have a regular set of documents with 2 of the minors.

I think they would take you all in for checkin- especially if you are there early or late.

BUT carnival wont see 3 minors checking in alone since your husband will have a regular set of documents with 2 of the minors.

that is pretty much what I thought. we probably won't be there until about 2:30, and I guess that is considered "late". flight gets in at 1:30.

not sure what the actual sleeping arrangements will be, I am sure if will differ from night to night based on the little ones needs. I do like having the 2 cabin option though

thanks again serene!

Makes sense now, thank you for clearing that up for me. I didn't make the original booking so I didn't talk directly with PVP, my mother did (large family group).

Only problem is WAITING 303 daaaayyyyssss.......

But I'll have alot of fun on these boards until. My first time in a suite, VIP check in and all, we're excited.

Only problem is WAITING 303 daaaayyyyssss.......

But I'll have alot of fun on these boards until. My first time in a suite, VIP check in and all, we're excited.

303 days?? waaaaa seems like a life time but it will be here before ya know it.

Dont forget your passports.

the rule is--- if someone in the cabin is under 21 then a person needs to be 25 booked into the same cabin. If all persons are 21 or over its good to go.

Thanks for that clarification. Now that makes sense!!

Archived