Iguazu Falls Day Trip

bbeanpin

Might try an  Iguazu Falls day trip my questions are

1. Is there taxi/bus service from the airpot (IGR) to the falls?

2. How much does the trip cost?

3. How easy is it to get a return taxi/bus trip at the close of the park?

I know about 8 hours isn't enough time but we are trying to fit this in, any help would be great.

19 hours ago, bbeanpin said:

Might try an  Iguazu Falls day trip my questions are

1. Is there taxi/bus service from the airpot (IGR) to the falls?

2. How much does the trip cost?

3. How easy is it to get a return taxi/bus trip at the close of the park?

I know about 8 hours isn't enough time but we are trying to fit this in, any help would be great.

We are also considering an excursion to Iguazu following a flight from Buenos Aires to IGR.  I have not been to Iguazu myself, but based on what I have learned elsewhere (TripAdvisor), I believe there will be no problem getting a taxi to and from the falls, but it is a good idea to agree on the price before starting the drive.  I think it costs about $10 US or less each way.

6 hours ago, soxfan1495 said:

We are also considering an excursion to Iguazu following a flight from Buenos Aires to IGR.  I have not been to Iguazu myself, but based on what I have learned elsewhere (TripAdvisor), I believe there will be no problem getting a taxi to and from the falls, but it is a good idea to agree on the price before starting the drive.  I think it costs about $10 US or less each way.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be there in February 2023. On arrival day at BA (EZE) mid morning, we will take Aerolineas 6 pm from AEP - IGR and return 5pm next day. Roundtrip is US$230 pp, it offers some flexibility to change flights and includes carry-on and check-in bag. The low cost airlines Flybondi and JetSmart have lower base fare but they charge extra fees for everything like seats, bags, carryon, check-in etc. Too confusing to deal with and there are many reviews about flights being cancelled without advance notice. We plan to taxi from airport to hotel, hotel to the Falls and back to airport, budgeting $20 each way. We will wait till we get there to buy tickets to enter Iguazu. Will be there in line before ticket booths open. I read about entry fee is lower at the gate than buying online in advance. The advance purchase is a voucher to exchange for ticket at the gate, so you still have to wait in line to get entry ticket. Hotel is about $100 for 3 people, we booked few months ago but same hotel is more than double the cost now. Our other family members are not crazy enough to do this hectic overnight excursion, they'll sightsee in BA before cruise. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whattodo said:

We'll be there in February 2023. On arrival day at BA (EZE) mid morning, we will take Aerolineas 6 pm from AEP - IGR and return 5pm next day. Roundtrip is US$230 pp, it offers some flexibility to change flights and includes carry-on and check-in bag. The low cost airlines Flybondi and JetSmart have lower base fare but they charge extra fees for everything like seats, bags, carryon, check-in etc. Too confusing to deal with and there are many reviews about flights being cancelled without advance notice. We plan to taxi from airport to hotel, hotel to the Falls and back to airport, budgeting $20 each way. We will wait till we get there to buy tickets to enter Iguazu. Will be there in line before ticket booths open. I read about entry fee is lower at the gate than buying online in advance. The advance purchase is a voucher to exchange for ticket at the gate, so you still have to wait in line to get entry ticket. Hotel is about $100 for 3 people, we booked few months ago but same hotel is more than double the cost now. Our other family members are not crazy enough to do this hectic overnight excursion, they'll sightsee in BA before cruise. 

Thanks we are still looking at the Falls for a 1 day trip as our flights in have changed. With that said we are doing a couple days on Easter Island (couldn't pass that up when it reopened)