FCC expiration

chamima

I just want to verify that as of this last June the expiration policy on the cash portion of any cancelled cruise under the old "cancel before you cruise" policy has changed to it no longer has an expiration date.

I'm saying  - any money we paid (not any bonuses) will be good for ANY future cruise - even beyond a year from sail date.

Correct?

On 6/1/2022 at 11:48 AM, gerelmx said:

Let me understad this: All FCCs (new and existing) will no longer expire

QUESTION #18: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking?
A: Yes. These FCCs can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due for the cruise fare on an existing booking.
However, FCCs cannot be used to obtain a refund. A recent enhancement now allows multiple FCCs to be applied per
guest within the same reservation. All FCCs (new and existing) will no longer expire. Note, for an FCC that was generated
as a 125% FCC, the incremental 25% bonus value, however, will maintain their current expiration date noted on the FCC
and will remain active until this point.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:11 AM, mahdnc said:

This document was posted today by Celebrity via a link titled "Updated FCC Expiration".  After scrolling thru its 10 pdf pages, I can't figure out yet what portion was updated.  Maybe sharper eyes can figure it out.

So, I did a search and came up with these two posts.

Hoping this info is still accurate as we have significant $$$ from cancelled cruises in FCCs.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Bumping in hopes of an answer.

As I said, we have significant $$$ that will expire relatively soon if the info I found is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my answer =

1. the Bonus part (25% in my case) of the FCC will expire (12/31/2022 in my case)

2. the original FCC (what you actual paid but cancelled) will never expire, even after 12/31/2022, the set expiration date

A side note - I just booked a cruise last week, and I was able to use part of the FCC (12/31/22 expiration). To my surprise, the call center agent converted the rest of my FCC as OBC. I did not even ask her to do it because it is not doable based on my understanding (FCC can not be used for OBC or tax or fee; can only used for cruise fares). 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, harbourxie said:

Here is my answer =

1. the Bonus part (25% in my case) of the FCC will expire (12/31/2022 in my case)

2. the original FCC (what you actual paid but cancelled) will never expire, even after 12/31/2022, the set expiration date

A side note - I just booked a cruise last week, and I was able to use part of the FCC (12/31/22 expiration). To my surprise, the call center agent converted the rest of my FCC as OBC. I did not even ask her to do it because it is not doable based on my understanding (FCC can not be used for OBC or tax or fee; can only used for cruise fares). 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you!!!

That's what I was hoping!