Solstice Ships Guest WiFi

ScottC4746

I have a cruise starting in 5 days from this posting date.  I was planning on uploading photos to FB during the cruise.  Can I do this on this WiFi or do I need to purchase an internet package with a little more umph?  I am going to Alaska from Seattle.

I've never had a problem with the basic wifi in terms of speed, honestly. (I mean, occasionally it just stopped working for a bit, but I'd guess the ship lost connection, so premium wifi would've, too.) I wouldn't watch Netflix on it, but for uploading some pictures to Facebook? Are you uploading hundreds of them at a time? Haha. 

Btw, though, our last cruise was a Celebrity cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, we did lose internet for a bit due to the remoteness 😄. Most of the time, it was up, though, and I felt like the basic was fine for, well, basic use. I'd call uploading a few pictures to a website, pretty basic use? (It is one device per person at a time, though - or you can set up your computer as a wifi repeater, haha.)

3 minutes ago, neminem said:

I've never had a problem with the basic wifi in terms of speed, honestly. (I mean, occasionally it just stopped working for a bit, but I'd guess the ship lost connection, so premium wifi would've, too.) I wouldn't watch Netflix on it, but for uploading some pictures to Facebook? Are you uploading hundreds of them at a time? Haha. 

Btw, though, our last cruise was a Celebrity cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, we did lose internet for a bit due to the remoteness 😄. Most of the time, it was up, though, and I felt like the basic was fine for, well, basic use. I'd call uploading a few pictures to a website, pretty basic use? (It is one device per person at a time, though - or you can set up your computer as a wifi repeater, haha.)

Only a few at at time more like, "look at this lounge" and not post the entire vacation at once.