How soon can we book dining reservations on the Pearl? Plus other questions.

CTCruisers

10 minutes ago, CTCruisers said:

We are sailing on the Pearl leaving Boston on October 14, 2022.

How soon can we book dining reservations?

Do any of the shows require reservations?

Is it worth downloading the NCL APP for my phone?

You should be able to book dining already.  If it's not available when logged into your account reservation, you will likely need to book once you are onboard the ship.

The Pearl does not require  reservations for the theater shows... show up and choose your seat(s)!

I can't address the APP.

Edited by ggTexasGal
fixed errors
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CTCruisers said:

You could have booked dining reservations 73-83 days ago, depending on your cabin and/or latitudes level.( 130 days before embarkation for suites/haven; 125 for club balconies; 120 for OVs and insides.)

No entertainment venues require reservations. There are no large production shows on the Pearl.

I downloaded the app and could never make it work. Probably because I'm old and cell-phone/

computer illiterate!! Didn't matter. Never needed it for anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTCruisers said:

Dining reservations for your cruise opened on June 16. Most of the prime time reservations are likely sold out. You have waited too long. A portion of the reservations are held for on-board booking, but you will need to wait in line or use a touch screen kiosk as soon as you embark. The highest demand restaurant is Teppanyaki... if you want that, you need to grab whatever reservation you can as soon as you board. 

No shows require reservations. That is only for the big ships where there are insufficient seats in the theater to accommodate all passengers. 

Like most cruise lines, NCL uses their app to provide restaurant menus, the Freestyle Dailies, and information on what is happening on the ship. They also allow you to monitor your on board account for spurious charges. You should always have the app loaded on your phones. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, CTCruisers said:

It depends, really.  I liked to have the dailies on my phone like tcruisin77 said, and I also like to be able to access my account through it.  Other than that there's not much I do with it.

4 hours ago, The Shrike said:

It depends, really.  I liked to have the dailies on my phone like tcruisin77 said, and I also like to be able to access my account through it.  Other than that there's not much I do with it.

Does the app have the same level of information on the activities as the Dailies?   On a prior cruise it seemed like the entertainment descriptions and some of the activities were only in the paper dailies.

Also, do you still get a paper Daily in your cabin each night, or do you have to hunt them down?

9 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Does the app have the same level of information on the activities as the Dailies?   On a prior cruise it seemed like the entertainment descriptions and some of the activities were only in the paper dailies.

Also, do you still get a paper Daily in your cabin each night, or do you have to hunt them down?

Still get them each night.  I've never had to hunt one down.  On our cruise last month they were delayed one night, but as soon as they were available the stewards brought them around.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Does the app have the same level of information on the activities as the Dailies?   On a prior cruise it seemed like the entertainment descriptions and some of the activities were only in the paper dailies. Also, do you still get a paper Daily in your cabin each night, or do you have to hunt them down?

The app has a copy of the printed daily. Soooo much better than the RCCL app. Most ships are giving out printed copies. 

• Thanks 1