Uniworld ship swapping.

mozfoz

Not to be negative, but I am starting to get concerned regarding our Rhine A to B cruise on October 30th. Of course there are 60 days still left for things to stablixe or even get better (or worst).  I was wondering ig Uniworld has the ability to switch ships. Much of what I read regarding ship swapping is with other lines, and no mention of Uniworld. So, is it possible that they do swap if required?

Apparently not, we are just off the Seine Uniworld cruise yesterday. Several couples joined us from the Basel to Amsterdam cruise canceled last week with only 2 days notice.  Another couple joined from the also canceled with 2 day notice Bucharest to Budapest cruise. 

I was wondering the same thing.  When I look at Cruise Mapper and filter for Uniworld, they don't have as many ships on the rivers as some other lines.  If ships aren't in the correct positions they can't be used for swaps.  We only had an issue on one of our cruises where a lock was closed, and they just mentioned bussing us to the next location which was the end of our cruise.  We were lucky and lock re-opened and we were able to sail into Budapest. 

I was messaging someone whose Aug 21 Bucharest to Budapest was cancelled.  They were given 10 days notice with an option to transfer to another cruise during that same timeframe or rebook the same cruise at a different time.  Since many people travel to arrive a few days early for their cruise, this could affect how quickly they can shift to another option.