NCL Getaway Live Journey - 9/3 - 9/12

cruiseny4life

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

cruiseny4life was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Welcome to the Party!!!

Welcome to the pre-game! My husband and I are headed to the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Orlando on Saturday! 

We can't wait to get back on our favorite ship, the NCL Getaway! Yep, we've only had one cruise before and it was on her. What a lovely Bermuda cruise it was. You can find the review here - it's lengthy - what can I say? I'm a verbose guy. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=686418

383429622_20220417_122613(1).jpg.f1147eaf0c3a7527920357fec1d6c136.jpg

Photo of the NCL Getaway as we were getting in line to board her in Manhattan.

This time around, I'll be keeping y'all up to date as best as the internet can handle. Unlike @BennyBrun I can't promise hundreds of photos. I'll try to take some and add them, but a lot of time I'll just be enjoying myself on the ship. 

The Bermudian travel authorization came in via email on Saturday, so lord willing, and a negative test, we'll be sailing away on Saturday afternoon. 

image.png.80f38fd76a11f37f9c86bddc60e2e50f.png

There's a lot of lovely activities planned for our cruise, including a Meet & Greet which I'll likely skip out on. It's super early on Sunday morning and I'm not into waking up that early! Then we've got a lovely slot pull set up for Sunday at 10:30 AM which is much more civilized.

Every day, we'll be finding fellow passengers to play Cards Against Humanity matches with. Ooops, did I leave you hanging? My husband would be so proud that I know what a preposition is and that I really shouldn't end sentences with one. Alas, I strive to be a bother. 

image.png.3c8d470a431cf08d838afc86fb6387e7.png

It's kind of hard to find a safe for Cruise Critic photo of this game. Suffice it to say, myself and our fellow "horrible" cruisers will be enjoying this in the Atrium every day. 

Next up is the all important negative COVID tests. I'll be buying some home test kits tonight and scheduling a proctored booger swab for Thursday evening. 

Here's a copy of our itinerary. I'm hoping the itinerary sticks, but you never know with NCL where you'll go, until you've been there. 

image.png.771495e8a63bdb811f52627eca322d7d.png

Here's where I leave you, until next time. I'm looking forward to you all journeying the high seas of the Atlantic with us on this glorious nine day voyage. 

BON VOYAGE in T Minus 5 days.

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

• cruiseny4life changed the title to NCL Getaway Live Journey - 9/3 - 9/12
2 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

Have a wonderful cruise! Will enjoy coming along with you on your journey as this appears to be a 9 nighter.  We will be on a 9 night at the end of September so it will be nice to see daily activity schedule to give us an idea of what to expect.

Thank you, thank you! It sure is a 9 nighter! I'll do my best to post the dailies - I kind of just scan them, then toss them, but will be a bit more cognizant of posting first. I prefer the paper to the online one as it's reading material for those down times.

Where are you headed? Are you on the Getaway too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

You know I'm there and I don't think I'm a "horrible person" but Cards Against Humanity is an awesome party game...

Hehe, yes! I can't wait to meet you...and I don't really think you're a horrible person. I suppose I'm not either. My dogs would disagree when I forget to give them a steak off the grill.

If you're on Facebook there might be a group that details Cards Against Humanity times and place. If not - well just say so here, and I'll mention it. We're going to have one heck of a party in the Atrium!!

We now have our COVID-19 tests. I stopped at CVS on the way home from work to get them. Now to make proctor appointments for Thursday evening. I work on Friday, then we make the five'ish hour drive to Manhattan, so there's not really time for a proctored exam then.

image.thumb.png.bf84ca356d8b227f9677b99ede8549a9.png

7 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'm on this cruise too!  Looking forward to sailing again. 

I think you might have found the roll call, but if not (and for all others), here's a link:

We can talk about our shared dreams of sailing the last frontier.

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'll do my best to post the dailies - I kind of just scan them, then toss them, but will be a bit more cognizant of posting first. I prefer the paper to the online one as it's reading material for those down times.

Thank  you so much @cruiseny4life for offering to post the dailies. We are getting on the Getaway on the cruise departing on Sept. 12th.  Have a wonderful cruise!  I look forward to your review. Will you be in the Haven again? 

10 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thank you, thank you! It sure is a 9 nighter! I'll do my best to post the dailies - I kind of just scan them, then toss them, but will be a bit more cognizant of posting first. I prefer the paper to the online one as it's reading material for those down times.

Where are you headed? Are you on the Getaway too?

That would be great if you could post the dailies but understand if you can’t/don’t it’s your vacation and want you to enjoy yourself.  I would be happy if you just give the days the main shows were and the days the shows in Syd’s were.

Yes we will be on the Getaway leaving out of Port Canaveral at the end of September.  Can’t wait!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Thank  you so much @cruiseny4life for offering to post the dailies. We are getting on the Getaway on the cruise departing on Sept. 12th.  Have a wonderful cruise!  I look forward to your review. Will you be in the Haven again? 

Oooooo, lucky you! If we had the vacation time, we'd totally be on board with you. We almost just did it...but I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't let me in the office door upon return. 🙂 

Yes, we'll be in the Haven - in one of the Haven Penthouse suites on deck 14 close to the spa. It's one flight and we'll be in that wonderful thermal suite heaven! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

That would be great if you could post the dailies but understand if you can’t/don’t it’s your vacation and want you to enjoy yourself.  I would be happy if you just give the days the main shows were and the days the shows in Syd’s were.

Yes we will be on the Getaway leaving out of Port Canaveral at the end of September.  Can’t wait!

Thanks for understanding! I should say, it'll also depend on how the ship's Wi-Fi cooperates with me. But I'll do my best. And yes, of course, I'll post those dates/times, if I don't get the dailies up. 

YAY for being on the Getaway in September too! I hope your cruise is a wonderfully relaxing one!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mygreyhound66 said:

Greetings, my husband and I are on this cruise!  I believe we have previously communicated here on CC.  Hoping to catch up with you on board!  

Yessssss! I don't have the drink package, so I shouldn't be too embarrassing to be around. 🙂 

• Haha 1

Welp it's Wednesday. Work is dragging. Wishing I was on the Getaway. Originally, we had booked the Getaway trip that is currently steaming its' way to Bermuda. They left Manhattan yesterday. I originally went online to see how many rooms were still available on the ship, noticed balconies were all guaranteed (you couldn't choose your own). At that time I figured the cruise must be filling up. I mentioned this to my husband who promptly looked at the Sept. 3rd cruise.

Prices were reasonable, so three weeks before cruising, we cancelled our original 8/29 - 9/3 cruise and booked a new Haven Penthouse room for about $1,000 more. That $1,000 includes the cancellation fee. We went from the Haven on a five night cruise to the Haven on a nine night cruise for $1,000 extra. Pretty dang sweet deal!

From Facebook reports, the cruise currently underway has 4,400 passengers. Now, we all know how rumors are, but I believe it. Seems like that ship was fully occupied, plus a few. It makes sense as most NYS schools start classes the day or two after Labor Day. One last family hurrah before the kiddos go away to school!

The same group reports that crew are stating my cruise will have 900 passengers. I've scrolled through the different options on NCL.com and it seems there are a lot of staterooms still available. The Haven is sold out (I think - as I look now, it shows you can purchase the Haven for $1,209, but when I click on the link, it says this option is no longer available). You can still book every other kind of accommodation though! I think we'll see a lot of lucky folks win their bids over the next few days! 

900 or 4,400 - I'll still have a stunning trip and enjoy the heck out of my thermal spa. If there's only 900, I may even hit up the pool deck on a nice day for the hot tub or outdoor pools. Who knows.

Two hours until I get to leave work and head home for the night. We're having dinner with the previous owner of our home. She's going to tell us what all the flowers in our flowerbeds are! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp it's Wednesday. Work is dragging. Wishing I was on the Getaway. Originally, we had booked the Getaway trip that is currently steaming its' way to Bermuda. They left Manhattan yesterday. I originally went online to see how many rooms were still available on the ship, noticed balconies were all guaranteed (you couldn't choose your own). At that time I figured the cruise must be filling up. I mentioned this to my husband who promptly looked at the Sept. 3rd cruise.

Prices were reasonable, so three weeks before cruising, we cancelled our original 8/29 - 9/3 cruise and booked a new Haven Penthouse room for about $1,000 more. That $1,000 includes the cancellation fee. We went from the Haven on a five night cruise to the Haven on a nine night cruise for $1,000 extra. Pretty dang sweet deal!

From Facebook reports, the cruise currently underway has 4,400 passengers. Now, we all know how rumors are, but I believe it. Seems like that ship was fully occupied, plus a few. It makes sense as most NYS schools start classes the day or two after Labor Day. One last family hurrah before the kiddos go away to school!

The same group reports that crew are stating my cruise will have 900 passengers. I've scrolled through the different options on NCL.com and it seems there are a lot of staterooms still available. The Haven is sold out (I think - as I look now, it shows you can purchase the Haven for $1,209, but when I click on the link, it says this option is no longer available). You can still book every other kind of accommodation though! I think we'll see a lot of lucky folks win their bids over the next few days! 

900 or 4,400 - I'll still have a stunning trip and enjoy the heck out of my thermal spa. If there's only 900, I may even hit up the pool deck on a nice day for the hot tub or outdoor pools. Who knows.

Two hours until I get to leave work and head home for the night. We're having dinner with the previous owner of our home. She's going to tell us what all the flowers in our flowerbeds are! 

You had me talked into booking your cruise.  Unfortunately, I'm in my nephew's wedding and couldn't sail.  Asked his fiancé if they could move the wedding date so I could sail, but they nixed that idea.  Ingrates! 😉. LOL!

Excited for you, however.

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

You had me talked into booking your cruise.  Unfortunately, I'm in my nephew's wedding and couldn't sail.  Asked his fiancé if they could move the wedding date so I could sail, but they nixed that idea.  Ingrates! 😉. LOL!

Excited for you, however.

I'm sorry! I suppose a wedding may be slightly more important than a cruise...just slightly haha 

• Haha 1

When I looked at the ship last night I was fairly surprised at how many cabins are available.  School starts here in my district Thursday and nearly all the districts on Long Island go back by next Tuesday.

Our last cruise in July on Oasis was ridiculously overcrowded.  We have gotten used to sailing with only 1/3 of the ship full. 
So we are looking forward to a way less crowded ship. 

On 8/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, cruiseny4life said:

We now have our COVID-19 tests. I stopped at CVS on the way home from work to get them. Now to make proctor appointments for Thursday evening. I work on Friday, then we make the five'ish hour drive to Manhattan, so there's not really time for a proctored exam then.

image.thumb.png.bf84ca356d8b227f9677b99ede8549a9.png