3 star priceline hotels downtown Ft. Lauderdale

viaggiatrice

Can someone tell me what hotels they haved been getting bidding for 3 stars in downtown fort lauderdale. I don't want to get Amerisuites- I have a reservation there now and am wanting to find something else and cancel after all the terrible reviews.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

hi there,

i really have no recommendations but just a thought, you really cant go by everythnig you hear, everyone has different experiences, i am staying at the amerisuites and i see all bad reviews but i have heard good ones too! Now i stayed at the comfort inn / cruiseport last year ( the was recommended to me, well let me say it was nasty!! you wouldnt even want to walk on the carpets that is how bad it is, and really if its for one night, so dont stress yourself out, changing the reservations may be worse than keeping them

I understand what you are saying and If it was just hubby and me we wouldn't care especially as its just one night; but My husband's grandmother is traveling with us and she has never traveled much- We are treating her, his mom, and my mom to a cruise and we want it to be the best possible. We especially want it to be great for MaMa. That being said paying for 5 cruises isn't cheap (my aunt is going too, but paying for herself)- we want a decent hotel for pre-cruise without paying a fortune.

Do you know about the biddingfortravel.com website? Never use priceline without understanding all the information at that website first.

According to biddingfortravel, nobody has hit on a 3* hotel in downtown FLL in over a year. They are getting upgraded to the 4 star Renaissance instead. So you should be able to get the Renaissance, they may be undercutting the 3 star Embassy Suites on priceline. Some people have got it for $50/night. Although it is 4* it may not be as good as the 3* Embassy Suites for a cruise. They don't have free shuttles or free breakfast.

Amerisuites is a 2.5* hotel in downtown FLL

Got Holiday Inn Beach FLL on Priceline for $111.for Apr 1st Allegedly 3 stars- but reviews indicate otherwise- also farther North than most want to be, and reviews arent the most positive.Reports indicate it is tolerable for one night and across from a great beach In hindsight I wish I wouldn't of bid less than 4 stars- but with King Tut exhibition & SPring break prices are exorbitant. Good luck

I got Holiday Inn Express FLL airport for 143.20 with AAA, this is for 4/2/06. It is the newest hotel and has free breakfast. I have tried bidding on Priceline for up to 150.00 hoping for Renaissance and no-go, so the Holiday Inn is my backup. It used to be so easy to get Embassy Suites on priceline, but not anymore.

I have to tell you we reserved and rented 2 non smoking adjoining rooms at Amerisuites on Feb 3. $99.00 each through valutrips. The rooms were fine. The buffett breakfast was acceptable. We arrived at 2:00PM on Friday and immediately got into our rooms. The van picked us up at the airport within 30 minutes of us calling on the Friday afternoon and also took us to the cruise port on Feb 4 about 10:30AM. Everything went very smoothly and the location of the hotel was very convenient to everything. There was no noise to speak of as the hotel is set back quite a ways from the main drag. Obviously others have had bad experiences. Ours was very favorable. I would stay there again if I cruise out of Ft Lauderdale again.

Bernie

Archived