Mask wearing for Marella staff

19 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

Anyone just back able to say if staff are still masked, they were in May but hoping that it's not the same now.

Just asked a friend who just came back of the Explorer last week and this was her reply!

Some were, mainly inside. Very few out on the decks. They were all happy to remove to have their photos done and to chat if you couldn't hear them. It was nice to see

2 hours ago, oscarshep said:

Anyone just back able to say if staff are still masked, they were in May but hoping that it's not the same now.

Crew all masked on Discovery 2 last week except some in the open bars on the pool deck. Even behind the scenes you could see masks being worn. Only time passengers were asked to wear them was on the tender boat and on excursions in Italy but many didn’t.

20 hours ago, Minesamojito said:

Crew all masked on Discovery 2 last week except some in the open bars on the pool deck. Even behind the scenes you could see masks being worn. Only time passengers were asked to wear them was on the tender boat and on excursions in Italy but many didn’t.

Same the week before, only time the entertainment staff had masks off was when on stage in the theatre and when out on deck during the muster. 

Italy was a mixed bag with the masks, the Rome tour everyone was made to wear them on the coach and the guide was very annoyed that some weren't when he got on. But Pisa the next day no one wore them.

Just back yesterday from explorer 2 and the staff are still masked, but as said above, they do drop them to have one on one chats etc. My cabin steward said they have been dropped on discovery 1 a nd she was hoping that would happen across the fleet.

Edited by Pink15

48 minutes ago, Hookedoncruising! said:

That is good news. Do you think they may stop the covid testing soon?

We haven’t been away for nearly 3 years, so still a bit wary.

Covid testing isn’t a bad thing,  At least we know that most people that board should still be negative. I understand that not everyone on the aircraft will have been tested but some is better thane none. Covid is still out there, the good news is they are starting the booster campaign from Monday.😷💉🦠

Hi Brummiejam,

Thanks for replying. We have had 2 jabs and a booster but are not sure whether to get a second booster or not. There seems to be a lot of bad publicity about them, though i know you can’t believe everything you read…and i don’t read too much of the bad stuff tbh.

We wondered if maybe it would stop at the emd of September, but i suppose Marella may not have reached a decision yet.

1 hour ago, Hookedoncruising! said:

Hi Brummiejam,

Thanks for replying. We have had 2 jabs and a booster but are not sure whether to get a second booster or not. There seems to be a lot of bad publicity about them, though i know you can’t believe everything you read…and i don’t read too much of the bad stuff tbh.

We wondered if maybe it would stop at the emd of September, but i suppose Marella may not have reached a decision yet.

Hi H

Regarding the booster in my opinion it’s all that we have so I will trust it, The last three haven’t done me any harm.( the extra ear growing on the back of my head is quite handy)😂

I think that the pre departure test could be something to do with maritime regs or more likely as pointed out on here perhaps it’s a money making project with their partners that supply the test kits.🤔

Anyways keep well.😉

• Haha 1