Excel Suite Questions

pirate4me2

Hello!

I realize that Mardi Gras is still pretty new, and Celebration isn't in service yet, but I have a few questions for those that may have sailed on Mardi Gras in an Excel suite. Hubby and I splurged for a special occasion cruise next March on Celebration and booked one of these, and I was wondering....it says complimentary room service is a benefit...does that include the items that you normally have to pay for as well? Hubby loves to curl up watching a movie sometimes and will get a hankering for a snack, and if that is truly a benefit he is going to be thrilled! Also, in regards to the movies, it says on demand movies are complimentary....does that include the "for fee" ones as well? If so, he is REALLY going to be thrilled. 

TIA for any insight from those who have sailed in the Excel suites! 

5 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hello!

I realize that Mardi Gras is still pretty new, and Celebration isn't in service yet, but I have a few questions for those that may have sailed on Mardi Gras in an Excel suite. Hubby and I splurged for a special occasion cruise next March on Celebration and booked one of these, and I was wondering....it says complimentary room service is a benefit...does that include the items that you normally have to pay for as well? Hubby loves to curl up watching a movie sometimes and will get a hankering for a snack, and if that is truly a benefit he is going to be thrilled! Also, in regards to the movies, it says on demand movies are complimentary....does that include the "for fee" ones as well? If so, he is REALLY going to be thrilled. 

Yes, it is supposed to include the (extra charge) room service items. However, when we sailed on the Mardi Gras (last August and November), those items were charged to our room. I didn't even realize it the first sailing, but I did in November, and called guest services. They said something along the lines of "yes, we realize there's problem with our system, but should have those reversed by the end of the cruise". Did that ever happen? I have no idea, I never bothered to look again (I shouldn't have to waste my vacation time making sure they're doing their job) - actually, I forgot!  

It is my understanding, however, that others have been reporting that they were not charged.

ENJOY !

Tom

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hello!

Great question, we were wondering the same thing, we booked an excel aft suite for feb,4,2023,looking forward to the answers.

19 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yes, it is supposed to include the (extra charge) room service items. However, when we sailed on the Mardi Gras (last August and November), those items were charged to our room. I didn't even realize it the first sailing, but I did in November, and called guest services. They said something along the lines of "yes, we realize there's problem with our system, but should have those reversed by the end of the cruise". Did that ever happen? I have no idea, I never bothered to look again (I shouldn't have to waste my vacation time making sure they're doing their job) - actually, I forgot!  

It is my understanding, however, that others have been reporting that they were not charged.

ENJOY !

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom! I will keep an eye on our S&S folio to make sure nothing is charged that shouldn't be. 

17 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I have stayed in an Excel suite on the Mardi Gras. Free movies (the ones you usually pay for), free bottomless bubbles package, free room service. ALL items. It was wonderful.

Sweet! Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you!!

13 hours ago, bornin49 said:

Great question, we were wondering the same thing, we booked an excel aft suite for feb,4,2023,looking forward to the answers.

I can't wait to see the suites! This will be our very first one, we decided to splurge. Looking foward to it!

• Like 1