New Amusement Ride on Seascape

JT1962

Looks like MSC is adding an amusement ride to the top deck of the Seascape to appeal more to the American market. One of the things I enjoyed on the Meraviglia is that it felt more like a traditional ship and did not feel like you were cruising on an amusement park.

https://cruiseradio.net/msc-cruises-robotron-amusement-ride-msc-seascape/

We're already booked on Seascape and I doubt that my family will try Robotron but I think that I'll give this one a try....

VR Motorcycles

Passengers with a need for speed will love Seascape‘s new VR motorcycles, where players will be transported to the racetrack with wind and water effects to complete the experience.

...Its called "follow the money"... If what gives mainstream cruise lines money these days are those so called "Over the Edge" experiences, so be it... Sadly; in some 10-15 years from now, if one wishes such a classical experience at sea, one will need to jump very far on the cruise market to at least a mid luxury line to find that offer... Meanwhile; let us to enjoy the decreasing classical ones available as much as we can afford to... I'm planning my 2023 one, possibly on a Musica class vessel. Let's see what 2023 will bring here to Lisbon...

@JT1962: Yeah: The Mera seems classical to an extent... But; they've some "amusement" like activities like the promenade LED ceiling's shows, etc... The good ole days of true classical ships on the mainstream cruising are just finishing. And even on the premium market things are evolving. Let's see where Virgin or new generation X ships will go...

Edited by Nunagoras