Transportation to Playa Porto Marie

Sparetiming

We will be in Curacao for nine hours and wish to get a taxi or shuttle bus from the Mega Pier to Playa Porto Marie.  Does anyone know what the rate is for 7 people?  Can you please tell me if there is an admission charge or chair rental fee?  How is the snorkeling?  Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 6:21 PM, Sparetiming said:

We will be in Curacao for nine hours and wish to get a taxi or shuttle bus from the Mega Pier to Playa Porto Marie.  Does anyone know what the rate is for 7 people?  Can you please tell me if there is an admission charge or chair rental fee?  How is the snorkeling?  Thank you.

We were just there last month. admission fee is $3 pp. hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm. They do have chairs and umbrellas to rent but we just used the free chairs by the bar/restaurant since we were only there a couple hours. The water and beach are gorgeous. We did a private tour with Gone Caribe so that was our 3rd stop on the tour. I could have stayed there all day- it was my favorite stop!!

On 10/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, rosebud1g said:

We were just there last month. admission fee is $3 pp. hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm. They do have chairs and umbrellas to rent but we just used the free chairs by the bar/restaurant since we were only there a couple hours. The water and beach are gorgeous. We did a private tour with Gone Caribe so that was our 3rd stop on the tour. I could have stayed there all day- it was my favorite stop!!

I am thinking of using Gone caribe. We are 6 people and he wants 660.00 for his tour consisting of,

·  Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.

·  Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!

·  Playa Piskado:  Get to see  the green sea turtles of Curacao. You will be able to see the turtles from the pier.

·  Playa Kenepa Grandi: Picture opportunity at one of the most popular beaches of the island!  

·  Santa Martha bay: A quick stop at this beautiful lookout point.

·  Playa Porto Marie: Enjoy this beautiful full-serviced beach of ''Banda Abou''. It is the perfect place for snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing.

·  Lunch: Free time to have something to eat at the beach bar of Playa Porto Marie (Lunch not included in price)

·  Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.

·  Discover Willemstad: Appreciate a nice drive through the historical and colorful downtown area of Curaçao.

·  The end: We will drop you off near the port downtown or at your hotel.

It seems expensive to me. What was your experience?

11 hours ago, phantomII said:

I am thinking of using Gone caribe. We are 6 people and he wants 660.00 for his tour consisting of,

·  Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.

·  Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!

·  Playa Piskado:  Get to see  the green sea turtles of Curacao. You will be able to see the turtles from the pier.

·  Playa Kenepa Grandi: Picture opportunity at one of the most popular beaches of the island!  

·  Santa Martha bay: A quick stop at this beautiful lookout point.

·  Playa Porto Marie: Enjoy this beautiful full-serviced beach of ''Banda Abou''. It is the perfect place for snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing.

·  Lunch: Free time to have something to eat at the beach bar of Playa Porto Marie (Lunch not included in price)

·  Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.

·  Discover Willemstad: Appreciate a nice drive through the historical and colorful downtown area of Curaçao.

·  The end: We will drop you off near the port downtown or at your hotel.

It seems expensive to me. What was your experience?

For 6 people that is a great rate. Private tours are typically between $100-$150 and up per person.

• Thanks 1