TestiFly app accepted on MSC?

JollyJoker

Hi

I'm going on an Adriatic Sea cruise starting from Bari, Italy on the 6th of September. They want a covid test done within 48 hours. Do they accept tests done with TestiFly? The travel agency recommended this app, but I can't find any info on MSC's own web site.

I called MSC customer support and they had no clue what TestiFly or any such app was. They were insistent the test had to be done at a real clinic.

Not sure if the certificate given by TestiFly would even let them know I wasn't on the premises when the test was taken, but I guess I have to do it the expensive way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Must provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal.

For UK departures they ask for an  RT-PCR or antigen test  within 48hrs before embarkation but must have a certificate. They accept self test with certificate the old fit to fly tests. I use Randox with the app  they e mail a certificate. Always been accepted by them.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/MSC-Health-And-Safety-measures.aspx

Edited by LifeonMars

They don't say on the web site what tests they actually accept. Of course there's some kind of numeric code for the standard, but even the TestiFly web site just says "our test certificate complies with the European certificate requirements" instead of saying what kind of certificate it is.

But the lady on the phone was clear that it must be taken "at a real clinic". I already booked and paid for a test at Munich airport. I can't really just decide customer service was wrong and show up with a test result I've specifically been told isn't valid. Although I'm 99% sure she had no clue and was just guessing.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, LiquidWu said:

Do you travel to very specific areas like Brazil or China? Otherwise it doesn't matter any more. All restrictions on the normal routes have been ended.

Unfortunately this is not true. ALL the "Grand Voyages", therefore all the positioning cruises, still require a covid test...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allegrocontadino said:

Unfortunately this is not true. ALL the "Grand Voyages", therefore all the positioning cruises, still require a covid test...

Thank you for making this so clear once again. That is why I deliberately spoke of "normal routes". A "Grand Voyage" is not one of them for me. But with your nice addition, this is now clearer for everyone.