serious health and safety complaint

I have submitted to Marella a serious health and safety complaint that resulted in my husband sustaining an injury on the 15th July that he is still on antibiotics for and having it dressed.

I need to get in touch with them to see what they are doing about this. I just get an email back thanking me for my feed back !!

It has now been more than a month.

What will be the best way to contact them ?   

14 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

Perhaps via your solicitor, they may then take you more seriously. 

Absolutely correct, from experience, I can confirm that serious issues are better addressed through a solicitor and unfortunately even then it will take a long time. Your solicitor will have addresses for Tui solicitors , which I have but that was ten years ago. Be persistent and good luck. 

• Like 1

someone contacted me from Tui and said that they would send me a link to the legal team. that was yesterday and he said he would send it over straight away. It has never come.

I was going to allow them to respond before I instructed a solicitor.

It is a minefield out there who to instruct.

I am not going to let it go

Due to the injury my husband is still having treatment since the 15th July.

8 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Did you raise the complaint whilst on the ship, after presumably being attended to by the medical staff on board?

Yes straight away and was in regular contact with the so called guest experience team. 

On return went into Tui shop the girl in there looked on our booking as she said the complaint would be on there. There was nothing registered.

She blatantly lied to us on a couple of occasions and even on the morning we were coming home.

He had to visit the medical centre sometimes twice a day. 

It was Explorer2.

We have sailed with Marella before and this was our 25th cruise in all. We have never had to complain out of any of the cruises we have taken. Yes sometimes things happen but you just go with the flow. This was too big to ignore he was told not to walk on it for the rest of the holiday and not to go in the pool or have a shower.

The way we were treat back this so called guest experience team was nothing short of appalling

Have you checked your travel insurance for legal cover? If so, ring them.

Our travel insurance with LV has a section for legal advice and assistance when any illness or injuries are caused by negligence, and if the case has a  more than 51% likely hood of success, they will pay up to £25,000 legal costs to pursue it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Have you checked your travel insurance for legal cover? If so, ring them.

Our travel insurance with LV has a section for legal advice and assistance when any illness or injuries are caused by negligence, and if the case has a  more than 51% likely hood of success, they will pay up to £25,000 legal costs to pursue it.

Thank you did not think of this. One of the directors' team sent me an email address but I want a mail address as there is quite a lot of supporting information.

Will ring the insurance tomorrow they were really good at settling the medical bill and made it really easy.

In the meantime, I would check your policy details to see if legal assistance is offered - I would have thought that it would be included in many policies, but worth checking.

When they were asked to accept the medical bill, one wonders what Marella said to them about the cause of the incident/accident.

• Like 1

I have been contacted by the legal team today. I am going to send them all the information in. I will give them a chance to resolve. They said up to 6 months. If it is not a satisfactory outcome I will then take legal action. Thanks all.