Unvacinated guests

mandymac

Hi can someone confirm for me what an unvaccinated guest has to do please? From what i can see they now just need a covid test within 3 days of leaving port. Which would be Southampton. Would they need to do other test for getting off ship for example in France or Belgium?

And as NCL gets their "travel requirements by country" from the local authorities and NCL sometimes are a bit slow in updating their reiquirements page, even better to go to the official source for information about various ports on your itinerary as long as they are located within the EU/Schengen area: https://reopen.europa.eu/en

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

And as NCL gets their "travel requirements by country" from the local authorities and NCL sometimes are a bit slow in updating their reiquirements page, even better to go to the official source for information about various ports on your itinerary as long as they are located within the EU/Schengen area: https://reopen.europa.eu/en

Bad advice. NCL’s policies have always been more conservative than local authorities. 100% vaccination. 100% testing. And if you are not in compliance with NCL’s rules, you will be denied boarding. Follow the cruise line rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since we are departing on the Jade on 18 September, we are watching all related news very carefully.  I have checked the reopen Europa website several times and find it confusing.    It appears to reference an earlier time when NO cruises were allowed.  It just looks like sloppy wording to me. Regardless of what it says, we are following NCL’s rules.

The only different news I see as of yesterday is that there is no longer a statement regarding a required in person proctored test to board as opposed to a proctored online test such as Emed.  We are planning according to the most stringent requirements, anyway.  Will bring the Emed tests and also schedule the hotel-arranged doc to do the test in our room.  Time will tell closer to sail date.

The whole thing, indeed, is maddening.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Bad advice. NCL’s policies have always been more conservative than local authorities. 100% vaccination. 100% testing. And if you are not in compliance with NCL’s rules, you will be denied boarding. Follow the cruise line rules. 

I think you misunderstood my intentions, as I may not have been clear enough about my post replying to the frase "Would they need to do other test for getting off ship for example in France or Belgium?". 

7 hours ago, Levanah said:

Since we are departing on the Jade on 18 September, we are watching all related news very carefully.  I have checked the reopen Europa website several times and find it confusing.    It appears to reference an earlier time when NO cruises were allowed.  It just looks like sloppy wording to me. Regardless of what it says, we are following NCL’s rules.

The only different news I see as of yesterday is that there is no longer a statement regarding a required in person proctored test to board as opposed to a proctored online test such as Emed.  We are planning according to the most stringent requirements, anyway.  Will bring the Emed tests and also schedule the hotel-arranged doc to do the test in our room.  Time will tell closer to sail date.

The whole thing, indeed, is maddening.

NCL updated their country specific guidance two days ago.  Any country with a specific requirement or deviation is listed in a very easy to understand grid/chart now.  It wasn't as straight forward before.  I commend whomever thought charts are easy to read and understand and made every country into a chart.  You mentioned Belgium and France.  There aren't any country specific guidelines for those.  However, nearby Spain does have country specific rules.  So if you're unvaccinated and not visiting one of the country specific locations, I think all you have to do is comply with NCL's initial boarding requirement for an unvaccinated individual of having a negative covid test.  

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL's policy will change  as of Sept 3rd, "for sailings beginning September 3, 2022, all travelers are invited to sail with us once again, regardless of vaccination status." Here it is on the NCL website. https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe  The one thing unvaccinated have to do is check with the local government of the place they are visiting.....their rules may be different than NCL's. 

There are two levels of Covid protocols.  NCL's which should let you know the specifics on your particular sailing, and the protocols for each of the countries on your itinerary and means of entry.  Meaning the rules may be different if you are arriving by sea or by air.

The rules are always changing, especially the individual ports.   The only way to be sure is check frequently as your sail date approaches, especially if you are not fully vaccinated (definitions for that vary as well).

I've been on 3 "covid' cruises and the rules were different for each.  The one constant has been that compliance is less of a hassle for those that are vaccinated than it is for those who are not.

• Like 2