Miama airport post-cruise until 6 pm!!Help what to do with family of 5

larie

We get back to the Miami port on a Sunday at 8 am. We couldn't get a flight out until 6 pm. Has this happened to anyone? We will be traveling with kids and hate to sit at the airport all day. Do we have any options? What can we do with all our luggage etc....any recommendations would be helpful.

My husband and I will flying out of miami at 8:30 PM in October for our cruise out of miami and decided to rent a car. We decided to probably do lunch in little havana, go to the mall, some sight-seeing maybe and stick in a movie even to kill time. May even go to the beach and hang out there for a while. But I'd suggest you rent a car so you have tour the town and not be stuck in that crowded airport because their will be alot of ships coming in and out on sunday which makes MIA very congested and crowded during the day.

Thanks for the Alamo info. This is very helpful. Can you tell me how we schedule a pick-up at the port? It is hard to know when we will be able to get off the ship. Also, is there a fee (other than a tip) for the shuttle pick up at the port to take us to the rental agency?

Thanks for the Alamo info. This is very helpful. Can you tell me how we schedule a pick-up at the port? It is hard to know when we will be able to get off the ship. Also, is there a fee (other than a tip) for the shuttle pick up at the port to take us to the rental agency?

When you book your reservations Alamo will know that you are being picked at the port that's why I gave you that "pick-up" location code, however, I did (when I made the reservation) and will before I leave in October confirm with alamo that they know to pick me up at the port at the specified time in my reservation. I stated my pick-up at 10:00 AM to be safe, if I get off much earlier then I will call them and tell them I am ready, but I thought that time would be a good estimate as far as customs, security, etc issues. Plus I won't request to get off first, but allot those with earlier flights to go ahead or those with transfers to get in line before me to kill time if I am tendered to get off early. No there is no fee for this.

Thanks for the great info on Alamo. I booked an SUV with them and was shocked how economical it is. Cheaper than getting my family to the airport! They said they have a continuous shuttle at the port beginning at 8 am and ending at 3 pm on my return day, Sunday. They said there is no need to call, just look for the signs. I, too, gave them a 10 am time as an estimate. Thanks for all your help.

Archived