Moving back to P&O from NCL

Trimone

18 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Have been given early dining on a couple of occasions and never had a problem changing to late sitting. Think early sitting is more popular. 

Early sitting is always wait listed from our experience.  Before the pandemic it was often wait listed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose it is purely a personal preference. The possibility of being assigned early dining is one of the reasons we will never book a saver fare.

As I indicated earlier there is little chance of that, and even if you were given first sitting I would be amazed if you were unable to switch it to second sitting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As I indicated earlier there is little chance of that, and even if you were given first sitting I would be amazed if you were unable to switch it to second sitting.

Exactly, worth the risk if select is far more costly.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, Trimone said:

Booked superior balcony early saver, lets hope there's more atmosphere on board than NCL!

I've been on two P&O cruises in the last 10 months and I would say the atmosphere on board has definitely changed post covid. I don't think this is cruise line specific it just a general change in behaviour since covid.  In my experience you will find the atmosphere on board P&O completely different to NCL so you will notice a difference. 

On 9/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, Megabear2 said:

18 March 2023 - a deck C midship balcony is currently £2,738 with £110 OBC so to guarantee the C deck balcony with any time dining you are looking at a difference of £630 to guarantee it.

The early saver starting figure is between £1998 and £2098 for the standard balcony so position of the cabin makes little difference to the price. Again the deluxe has a difference of £720.

In your case if the mealtimes are a deal breaker then it is a risk regarding anytime dining.  There is normally a little flexibility on the allocated dining on a saver but there is no certainty you can change.  Having said that we have been lucky on all but one occasion in our allocation and have had freedom dining allocated on all but one cruise in recent cruises, however I'm told this is most likely to our registered preferences with P&O over a number of years.  

The current promotion which is running ends on 5 September. This could mean a better offering may commence on 6 September but it could also herald more price changes either up or down.  Overall it depends on how much of a gambler you are, either for the dining option or a possible new offer to your advantage. Hope that helps,.

Well that worked in our favour, A311A doesn’t include flights or transfers now, but stayed the same price, mind you Standsted flights!!  

• Like 1