Selection of food for my son???

One of my sons is not an adventurous eater at all. Sure, at home he has to eat what's on his plate (all of it) whether he really likes it or not.

But on his first cruise on NCL (at age 7) he LOVED the buffet. There was a kids buffet too, with hot dogs and chicken nuggets, etc. but we always ate at the regular adult one instead. He felt very grown up choosing his own food, and ended up liking many new things he probably wouldn't have tried if it were on a menu, without seeing what it looked like.

As for weddings, one picky groom got a jar of ketchup from his best man at the champagne toast, "something that means a lot to him & that he can't live without." LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

We took our twins (boy and girl, then 16) on their first cruise last December. While they are both a little less picky than they used to be a few years ago, they can still be mighty particular about what they eat. The fact that there are so many choices at any time of day actually made things pretty easy. If they are willing to try some new things, they might find some new favorites. Also, make sure that they understand that they can get something different in the dining room if what they ordered first doesn't work out. (I suspect that if they did this too many times you might not find the servers as accommodating, but I know that on one or two occasions during our cruise one of our twosome sent something back because it didn't turn out to be to their liking---they seemed happy with choice number two, thank goodness--LOL!) Buffets are self-correcting as long as they don't mind going back through the line, of course.

Hope that helps a bit.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Archived