HAL Mexican Riviera, 10/7

hammerinfrank

booked a 10/7 mex riv cruise on Oosterdam out of san diego (1st timers) for wife and myself. considering the time of year, was this a mistake? probably should have given this more thought and researched in depth before booking. have no desisre to spend my only vacation of the year pitching and rolling in a hurricane, much less being confined to the ship while in port because of stormy weather. i suppose i could cancel and rebook for another time of year. am curious to hear all feedback and suggestions. i just booked within the last two weeks and at time of booking, most staterooms had been reserved, so, while that is somewhat comforting, still have no desire to be tossed around like a child on a blanket and tour mexico under an umbrella. pls enlighten me on weather conditions and ship. thank you.

We have done this trip a half dozen times, in September, October, December, January and have never had horrible weather. Very hot in September tho. Our roughest seas were in December crossing from Cabo to Mazatlan. I think the ships do a good job of avoiding the really bad weather.

Gary

Archived