Drink Package Doctor's Note

On 9/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, brillohead said:

This thread is about people paying for drinks, not about what Royal pays for drinks.  

So making it sound like it will only cost a quarter per soda on board is inaccurate. 

If you want to discuss profit centers, that's not the point of this thread.

The point was which you missed is that the reason, the cruise requires the none drinking person, to buy the extra package is to increase the profit, and help discourage sharing, to help defray the cost of only one person drinking.  This also stops sharing of soda, even though it is extremely cheap. So, $60 drink package plus a 35 refreshment package makes the package $95.  The non drinker is supplementing and increasing the profit margins of the drinker.....

• Like 1

Update: Due to my wife's medical condition and the medications she takes, with the doctor's note I was able to purchase the drink package without her having to purchase the refreshment package. The RCL customer service agent I spoke with was very helpful in guiding me through the process and granting me the exemption. My wife is fine with me getting the package which is why I wanted to see if there was a way to be able to just get it for me and I am glad Royal Caribbean was accommodating.