Barcelona public transit

anonmom

We are flying in to BCN on 9/24/22 and cruising the next day. I can use hotel points to get us a room in Molins de Rei and it seems pretty straightforward to get there from the airport by bus/train, as well as getting from the hotel to Sagrada Familia and other tourist destinations.

Where I'm having trouble is getting from the hotel to the cruise port. My maps app keeps wanting me to take the train a short distance and then take a taxi the rest of the way. I would prefer to either get all the way there via public transportation or else get to the closest stop and just take a taxi from there to the pier.

Someone mentioned a blue bus that picks up at the cruise port. Not sure if blue is the color of the physical bus or the color code of the bus line.

Can anyone clarify for me please? What is the closest rail stop to the pier? How far is it and how much would it cost to take a taxi from there to the pier? Does the public transit system in Barcelona have multiple fares, or could we buy a train ticket at the hotel and use it to transfer to the blue bus? Is there a 24 hour pass that we could buy at the airport in the first day and just use that to get around for the day as well as go to the port the next morning?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I gather you'll be using the R1/R4. Seems like quite a hike for just one night. Coming back, the closest stop would be Placa Catalunya. From there, it's not straightforward, for several people with baggage, I recommend a taxi. The closest Metro is Drassanes, but you would then have to find your way to the World Trade Centre. Assuming you are boarding at Moll Adossat, yes the bus is blue, but you have to find the stop.  Metro/bus tickets can be purchased at the airport in the Metro station, not sure what they sell in the rail station. There are several choices of passes.

Europe is full of pickpockets, but Barcelona has an especially bad reputation.

Edited by Dancer Bob

• 5 months later...

I think I have a link to a shuttle bus that goes to each port terminal, including the one used by smaller ships.  And I can at least probably find a link to Barcelona's metro system.  

Do you know for sure your ship will be located near the World Trade Center?  That berthis usually used by small ships, especially Oceania, but I'm not sure which other lines -- maybe Viking?   And I'm not sure where your hotel is.  

But taxis aren't terribly expensive in Barcelona.  

Give me a while and I'll look in my info for anything that would help. 

You may already have this info, but .......

TMB is the Metro - maybe URL of tmb.es?.  They have a route planner.

Here's info on shuttle bus: Bus to cruise port for main wharf & maybe WTC: Not sure if free for us or run embark day, but web site says 3 euro one way, 4,50 return (round trip), same day use only. Can pay on bus. Goes to Pca by Columbus with Drassanes Metro not far.  See https://www.cruisebus.barcelona/en/parades/   

The site Rome2rio can might give info on routes and costs, though I'd verify the results as best you can.  If you know which pier you'll be using (Moll Adossat or the one for smaller ships), I'd put Moll Adossat, or Drassanes Metro or Columbus Monument (forget actual names for Columbo) and see what happens. 

There are also taxi estimators on line that may help. 

There's a port website which lists each cruise ship and where it has been assigned to dock.  But it only shows ships for a month or so at a time, plus there's a separate schedule for various cruise lines. 

I don't know where your hotel is, but from Placa Catalunya, the ride to the port WTC berth is apparently 15 minutes.

Hope this gets you closer to getting what you want.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea