Luggage Question with an Arrival Time 1:30 - 2:00

lesters

Hi folks

We used to be FTTF people and this is my first time selecting an arrival time.  We purposely chose the late window as we want to enjoy the morning in Miami and South Beach for a bit before boarding.  

I read in the Cruise Contract info - yup I am that excited to go and over researching that I actually read that thing - and it states that "Checked baggage service is only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board."  

If our final boarding is 3:00 with a planned sail away at 4 - does this mean I need to not use a porter and should lug our bags in ourselves?  I am fine to do that - just wanting to make sure we are managing expectations - and packing accordingly....well who am I kidding I am going to have 2 checked and 2 carry ons between DH and I.  Want to have room to bring home some Duty Free treasures back to Canada 🙂

We are on the Horizon and deck 2 with a Cove Balcony so that doesn't seem to impossible to manage if that is what we have to do. 

TIA!   

The countdown is on.... 12 days to the cruise and 10 days until the holiday officially starts!

12 minutes ago, ober134 said:

Porter service will likely not be available. You will have to self carry on. Good news is that cabins should be ready for you once you board

Thanks this is what I had hoped too - that our rooms should be ready by then so carrying on our selves is not a big deal.