Covid Proctored Self-Test for Med Cruise

Sassy_Lassy4u

I will be sailing on the MSC Bellisima on September 21 from Livorno, Italy.  The cruise requires a negative covid test.  The current covid policies simply state that either a PCR or antigen test is allowed.  Does anyone who has sailed recently know if they are accepting proctored self-tests, such as those done by Emed?   Thanks

I have used proctored self tests for 3 Med cruises in the last 12 months, with no problems.   As long as you have a certificate with the correct details (e.g. name, negative results and date/time of test), then should be no problem.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:21 AM, 8420PR said:

I have used proctored self tests for 3 Med cruises in the last 12 months, with no problems.   As long as you have a certificate with the correct details (e.g. name, negative results and date/time of test), then should be no problem.

Were these med cruises on MSC?

Also, did you print out the certificates, or was showing them on an App acceptable?

Med cruises.

We printed the covid test certificates but used digital copies of the vaccination certificates.  Both digital and printed were acceptable, but maybe printed is easier as you have to show them multiple times (e.g. while handing over the suitcases, the health check and then check-in).