QE II (NOT the Ship)

Steelers36

5 hours ago, amajaa said:

A funny story concerning the Queen in case anyone on here is the American in question

3 hours ago, Martha1974 said:

A story for the Brits on the board (apologies to everyone else who might not know about the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme) That reminds me of when my parents went to Balmoral a few years ago and did a tour of the grounds with one of the estate staff. He told a story about being out on a carriage ride with Prince Philip in the pouring rain when they came across a group of teenagers with backpacks etc.They stopped the carriage and asked what the youngsters were doing… the reply was “we’re doing the bl**dy Duke of Edinburgh’s Award” not knowing that they were talking to the Duke of Edinburgh! 

Haha Both the Queen and the D of E had a great sense of humour

I was barely a month old when the coronation of Queen Elizabeth occurred. But as I grew older I was fascinated with not only her role as Queen but her life prior to assuming that role. She has always been someone that I admired and hoped to one day see in person, even if from a distance.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and her country. May she rest in peace.