Travel to Canada

TravelerPar

Hello Members, I have a question concerning arrival to Vancouver, BC.  We had to fill out all the appropriate APP information. We had to fill out the information TWICE !!!!! We submitted the information on two different iPhones. Did anyone else have this issue ? Is this a norm for now ? We arrive on Saturday, 10 September and immediately go directly to the Princess Ship.  This is on the ARRCAN APP. 

Thanks in advance.

TravelerPar

20 minutes ago, TravelerPar said:

Hello Members, I have a question concerning arrival to Vancouver, BC.  We had to fill out all the appropriate APP information. We had to fill out the information TWICE !!!!! We submitted the information on two different iPhones. Did anyone else have this issue ? Is this a norm for now ? We arrive on Saturday, 10 September and immediately go directly to the Princess Ship.  This is on the ARRCAN APP. 

Thanks in advance.

TravelerPar

As far as I can tell, you are on a Princess cruise that embarks in Vancouver, travels to Alaska, and then returns to Vancouver. Consequently, you will be arriving in Canada twice, the first time when you fly/drive/take the train or bus on your way to Vancouver, and the second time when you exit Canada to visit Alaska and then arrive in Canada by ship on your way back to Vancouver. As you will be arriving in Canada twice, you need to make an ArriveCAN submission twice.

You could have used just one iPhone. First, when you were initially entering Canada. Once you had cleared Customs, you could have simply started a new trip entry for the cruise. Your personal information such as proof of vaccination and passport details are saved and don't need to be re-entered.

Edited by Fouremco

I think the crux of the issue is actually grammar here - specifically the use of Past instead of Future Tense;-)

Sep 10 is tomorrow - so, OP certainly could have completed the first ArriveCAN today or yesterday no problem, within the 72hr limit. But since only one trip is held in the app, the second Trip can only be entered after arriving in Canada - adding another Trip before that wipes the first and replaces it...

I'll be interested to see whether using another device gets around this - my understanding is that whether App or website, the data is held on the servers, not the device used to enter the data. So that means adding the same people should wipe the first trip as they are both linked to unique passport numbers behind the scenes - so on touch down in Canada the Trip entry that pops up for CBSA will be whichever trip was entered most recently! If that's the flight - no problem, but Cruise will need re-entered. If it's the cruise trip that was entered last though, OP may have some extra questioning at YVR!

Everything 4emco says is correct (except for the tense as well!)