11 night cruise ladies would you rewear outfits?

Cruiser1862

20 hours ago, reeinaz said:

It only starts to get weird when you can't tell which cruise pics (different cruises) you"re looking at because you're wearing the SAME outfit in all of them 🤣

That's hilarious, I totally have that problem!  I have cruise clothes that I like and I'm not a big fan of shopping, so...yeah, that is starting to happen.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, boogybaby said:

I always have a different outfit for each evening it’s what I enjoy about cruising an opportunity to wear all the items in the wardrobe and my husband is the same.

We want to hear this from your husband directly!  Does he have a CC account??  (jk)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have never heard of a button down Hawaiian shirt.  Is there really such a thing?  That seems counterproductive.

Button down are the only type of Hawaiian shirts I have.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen pullover Or IZOD type  Hawaiian shirts.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 1:46 PM, Cruiser1862 said:

Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure no one would think “OMG didn’t she wear that the other night”??!!!  But, truth be told…who cares??!!

With all due respect, other than you, no one cares what you wear, as it should be.

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have never heard of a button down Hawaiian shirt.  Is there really such a thing?  That seems counterproductive.

To paraphrase Peggy Lee - That’s all there is…or it’s all I’ve seen and worn, on every cruise, and in the MDR no less

Yes, of course I re-wear.  On our next cruise, we will be spending a few days in Europe before settling down on a 16 day Trans-Atlantic voyage.  We will both be re-wearing, and doing some laundry (well, having some laundry done for us on board).  I will be packing a wardrobe where pieces all work together so that I can maximize what I have.  And layer: the Mediterranean may be warm(ish) in early November, but Germany (where we will be prior to the cruise) can be chilly in late October, and the North Atlantic crossing in mid-November can be downright cold.  

On 9/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Cruiser1862 said:

I want to pack much lighter as I consistently overpack. I am always sure I need an outfit for every single night but I end up re-wearing certain clothes. After all, I shower after the day out and wear my dinner outfit a few hours at most. 

I want to bring a couple of sun type dresses and rewear them. I know it’s easy to bring black and white slacks/capris and change up the tops. But what about dresses?

Oh, absolutely. If it is regular casual og smart casual "summer dresses", then I often end up using them 1-2 evenings on board (like you say yourself, it is just for a few hours each time) and after that probably one time ashore at daytime.

I never learn from my own experience though in this matter - I always bring too many outfits on a cruise even though everything is "only casual or smart casual" (often plan on using a different outfit every evening, plus at least different tops/t-shirts/summer dresses each day when ashore - and end up using the "favorites" several times, take use of my free Latitude laundry bags and ALWAYS bring back home some clothing that I didn't even wear once during the cruise). 😄

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

I do it all the time.  I used to overpack but have now gotten so much better.  I can pack for two weeks in a carry-on size bag and a backpack.   I also only pack light weight/quick dry clothing that can easily be washed in the sink and hung to dry without wrinkling.   We just took an 8 day cruise with 2 days pre-cruise in Miami and had no issues with packing solely in carry-on luggage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think that there's some confusion about button down vs. button up shirts. A button up shirt buttons up the front, like a Hawaiian shirt. A button down shirt has buttons on the collar points, which I've never seen on a Hawaiian shirt. Hope this helps.

https://www.primermagazine.com/2020/learn/button-up-vs-button-down-shirt-difference