Price Drop and FAS Flight

Fischmom

This is our first time using the BOGO airfare promo and I have a few questions. The price of our cruise has dropped quite a bit and we are a few months before final payment. I know that I can get the price adjusted since we are so far out but do we have to pay the current airfare like we have to take the current drink, specialty dining, etc promo?  Or does the flight price stay the same?  When I booked it was $698 and now they want like $1600!

I added a flight deviation to fly in the day before. I thought the transfer cost would drop because we would be responsible for that but it is still there. How does that work if we are at a hotel and not the airport?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Fischmom said:

This is our first time using the BOGO airfare promo and I have a few questions. The price of our cruise has dropped quite a bit and we are a few months before final payment. I know that I can get the price adjusted since we are so far out but do we have to pay the current airfare like we have to take the current drink, specialty dining, etc promo?  Or does the flight price stay the same?  When I booked it was $698 and now they want like $1600!

I added a flight deviation to fly in the day before. I thought the transfer cost would drop because we would be responsible for that but it is still there. How does that work if we are at a hotel and not the airport?

Thanks!

Be aware that by asking for a flight itinerary “the day before” you may end with a flight that arrives two days before your embarkation.  If that’s what you intended, carry on.  But flights from the US to Europe for example already have that extra travel day figured in. 

23 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

Be aware that by asking for a flight itinerary “the day before” you may end with a flight that arrives two days before your embarkation.  If that’s what you intended, carry on.  But flights from the US to Europe for example already have that extra travel day figured in. 

No, not the way it works.  The deviation is figured by when you arrive.  True that you will most likely have to leave on an overnight flight but you will arrive the day of your cruise if you don't request a deviation. Sometime the day before for a 1-day deviation.

50 minutes ago, Sixtytwo said:

We are also taking the BOGO flight offer on an upcoming NY to London TransAtlantic. We want to have a couple of days in London before flying back. At what point and how do I request the additional time in London? Thanks!

Request as soon as you know that's what you want.  Cutoff is 75 days.  You need to contact NCL if you booked directly, your TA if you booked that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:53 PM, Fischmom said:

Thanks!

I always assumed that you had to take the new airfare but I did just reprice a February cruise and my airfare stayed the same. But the original port fees & taxes (which were quite high when I booked) went down. And I gained the latitudes extra point.

As to transfers - the transfer from the airport should drop off when the deviation is added but apparently that doesn't always happen - and remember that there will still be a transfer to return, so you'd have to check to see what transfers are actually on your reservation.  If you are at a hotel, you can either find your own transportation to the port or return to the airport in the morning and use the NCL shuttle.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

No, not the way it works.  The deviation is figured by when you arrive.  True that you will most likely have to leave on an overnight flight but you will arrive the day of your cruise if you don't request a deviation. Sometime the day before for a 1-day deviation.

Thank you.   For repeating exactly what I said.  

20 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Thank you.   For repeating exactly what I said.  

Sorry, not even close to what you said. A one day deviation will arrive 1 day before your cruise. Not 2. Perhaps you meant to say your flight LEAVES two days early, that would make sense.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, MotownVoice said: