Debarkation in New Orleans with 7:30PM Flight

lisa928

My family (me, husband, and two young teens) have a 14 day cruise leaving NYC and debarking in New Orleans in November.  Unfortunately we need to fly home the same day we debark so we only have from say 10am until 5:30PM when we need to be at the airport.  We would love to see whatever we can of New Orleans, but we will have lots of luggage.  We planned to Uber to wherever and then to the airport unless anyone has a different opinion.  

Any luggage hotels where we could store our luggage while we explore?

Any suggestion on what to do and sightsee for a time we are there?  We can do the ship excursion but $280 and three hours I feel like we could do a lot better.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've been looking at this for myself and I found this:

https://www.advancecheckin.com/

They have a notice that they are changing reservation software so you can't reserve on line right now but can call them. Their costs seem pretty reasonable, too. I would have no problem with $25 for what will be my one large bag going directly to the port to the airport and not worrying about it until I get home.

There are also places that will store your luggage around there but you will still need to go and pick it back up when you leave for the airport. Here's a page with some links and free walking tours:

https://freetoursbyfoot.com/luggage-storage-new-orleans/#airbnb

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

• 2 months later...

Hello! We also have a late flight departing from New Orleans on an upcoming cruise and we were looking at Advance Check In. Did you(or anyone else) use them? If so, how was your experience? Looking to be sure that they were still in business since they still haven't updated the website and wanted to have a definite plan in place for when we got off the ship.

Thanks!