Adventure Ocean for 2 Kids ages 4 and 8

Scotico

So we plan on using the adventure club for out 4 and 8 year olds.  How exactly does it work.  Do we have to register every day or is it a one time thing at the beginning of the cruise.  Do they give you a pager in case there are any issues?  Also could the 4 and 8 year old be together or must they be separated?

Just show up during one of the sessions and they'll take your kids. You just register on the first day and that allows you to come as many times as you want.

The 8 year old is not going to want to be in Aquanauts, and even if you were able to get an exception I think a 4 year old is too young to be in the 6+ age group. So it is both very unlikely that you'll get an exception and probably not a good idea even if you could.

On the Wonder of the Seas I got a phone when I dropped the kids off. I mostly just got a couple texts asking if they could have snacks, and otherwise they never called it.

Edited by spooky981
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

Just show up during one of the sessions and they'll take your kids. You just register on the first day and that allows you to come as many times as you want.

The 8 year old is not going to want to be in Aquanauts, and even if you were able to get an exception I think a 4 year old is too young to be in the 6+ age group. So it is both very unlikely that you'll get an exception and probably not a good idea even if you could.

On the Wonder of the Seas I got a phone when I dropped the kids off. I mostly just got a couple texts asking if they could have snacks, and otherwise they never called it.

Yea I figured they will not be together.  DO they feed them Lunch/Dinner?  Also do they ever bring the kids out the different areas of the ship to tour or explore.  We have one day in Labadee.  Do they have a set up there for the kids?

I don't think there was any option at all for full meals for the kids. If we had a date night we would just order room service for the kids so they were fed before drop off.

My trip was in March when they were still taking COVID very seriously so there was no travel around the ship at all. That could have changed by now though. I know long before COVID the kids would leave the room for different events or trips.

We didn't use daycare for port days so I can't answer your last question.

11 hours ago, Scotico said:

So we plan on using the adventure club for out 4 and 8 year olds.  How exactly does it work.  Do we have to register every day or is it a one time thing at the beginning of the cruise.  Do they give you a pager in case there are any issues?  Also could the 4 and 8 year old be together or must they be separated?

Which ship will you be on? Adventure Ocean is slightly different on "amped" ships versus non-amped.

On the first day after you board you need to go and sign the kids up.  Good chance for them to see the area and become familiar with staff and area. 

Adventure ocean is not open all day.  They have a morning session, afternoon session and then evening session.  Basically breaks for meals where you can take them and after they are done they can return.

I'm sure each ship is slightly different on the times they are open.  It is capacity controlled and depending on how much staff they have.  They adhere to a limit of staff vs kids ratio.  They usually are open during port days but you will have to check for the times on your sailing.  Our granddaughter loved it when she was 4.  She didn't want to go again this summer (8 years old) when we sailed with the whole family as she wanted to do the "big kids stuff" like slides, pool, ice skating ect...

Just a tip I could recommend. Kids tend to pair off and make friends right away, so  DO NOT MISS the first day for your kids. While some kids are extremely social and can make friends at any time, this is not the case for all kids. I have seen people who bring their kids of the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise and drop them off to the kids program only to find that all of the kids already have made friends and kind of paired off in groups, that to be the odd kid out trying to fit in and make friends with this new temporary group is harder.

Just my opinion.

I think 4 and 8 will be in separate groups, but they are not separated all that much. You still need to pick the kids up between meals. The only exception to that is if you have shore excursions at destinations there are special all day programs you can sign up for on those days so they might feed them a special limited lunch ONLY if you sign them up for the special program... This is only offered on days you disembark at some destinations. Most people usually take their kids with them, but it really just depends on your excursions and age of children, of course.

While they offer a lot of fun activities, the biggest key is them finding friends to play with, so again, I highly recommend introducing them right away,. Just show up on the first day and sign up.

A few (several) years ago they did take them to dinner in the WJ....they sat in a designated area with AO staff and they were waited on by the WJ servers. Too bad they don't offer this anymore....cause it worked out great.