Can you get an offer to bid on an upgrade with a guarantee cabin?

Encore37

I am currently on a cruise booked 2 weeks prior to sailing.  The only balcony cabins available were Free at Sea Guarantee Balconies and Sail Away (minimal perks) Balcony Guarantees.  I booked a Free at Sea Balcony Guarantee and was immediately offered the ability to bid in the upgrade program.  I chose not to, but it was offered.   I got my nice cabin assignment about a week later and was still offered the upgrade option. 

I do not know if Sail Away Guarantees get the offer or not. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I am currently on a cruise booked 2 weeks prior to sailing.  The only balcony cabins available were Free at Sea Guarantee Balconies and Sail Away (minimal perks) Balcony Guarantees.  I booked a Free at Sea Balcony Guarantee and was immediately offered the ability to bid in the upgrade program.  I chose not to, but it was offered.   I got my nice cabin assignment about a week later and was still offered the upgrade option. 

I do not know if Sail Away Guarantees get the offer or not. 

Thanks very much for responding.  I'm looking at the Free at Sea cabin so it looks like I'll be eligible for the upgrade bid.

I recently booked the Sailaway Inside cabin; no Free At Sea perks here!.   

The reservation was made Aug 1 for a Sept 25 departure, so 7 weeks.  I was assigned a cabin almost immediately, which was a surprise, and got the Offer to Upgrade at the same time.  

The ship had been sailing with low numbers, but after the vaccine/testing requirements were changed eff Sept 3, the inventory went down considerably.  I submitted a Poor bid for a balcony and an OV.  Dont' expect to get an upgrade but that's ok, I'm fine with the room I was assigned. Good luck!

• Like 1